Kaduna SUBEB confirms sack of 65 illegally recruited teachers

Must Read

Governors reject Buhari’s Executive Order

State governors under the umbrella of Nigeria Governors Forum NGF has rejected the Executive Order 10 signed...

Polio Virus may resurface in Nigeria – UNICEF

The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) has warned that the Wild Polio Virus (WPV)may resurface if adequate...

EFCC arrests ex-Gov Okorocha

A former governor of Abia State and the senator representing Imo West senatorial districts Chief Rochas Okorocha,...

The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on Friday confirmed the sack of 65 primary school teachers, our correspondent reports.

They were allegedly recruited illegally in Sanga Local Government Area of the state.

SUBEB’s Auditor, Mr Tandat Katuma, who served as the secretary of the investigation committee confirmed the development to NAN in Kaduna.

The council Chairman, Mr Charles Danladi, had on Wednesday announced the sack of the teachers to journalists in Gwantu, the Council headquarters.

Danladi alleged that the anomaly was detected through the over-bloated wage bill of the teachers, which kept increasing every month without new employment.

To this effect, an alarm was raised.

He said Danladi raised the alarm during the state’s Joint Account Committee Meeting, being chaired by the Deputy Governor and that SUBEB was asked to investigate the allegation.

“After our investigation, we confirmed that 65 teachers were illegally recruited in the area.

“Their appointments have been terminated.

“You will recall that in 2017, the Kaduna State Government had organised a competency test for primary school teachers.

“About 22,000 of the teachers failed the test and were sacked.

“Our investigation uncovered that 16 out of the 65 were among the primary school teachers that failed the competency test in the LGA but were illegally reappointed.

“The remaining 51 were illegally recruited during the first and second batches of the recruitment of 25,000 qualified teachers that replaced those sacked across the state,’’ Katuma told our correspondent.

The auditor added that SUBEB official involved in the illegal recruitment exercise had been sanctioned.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Governors reject Buhari’s Executive Order

State governors under the umbrella of Nigeria Governors Forum NGF has rejected the Executive Order 10 signed...

Polio Virus may resurface in Nigeria – UNICEF

The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) has warned that the Wild Polio Virus (WPV)may resurface if adequate measures are not taken.Elizabeth Onitolo,...

EFCC arrests ex-Gov Okorocha

A former governor of Abia State and the senator representing Imo West senatorial districts Chief Rochas Okorocha, have been arrested by the...

China lifts 770 million rural people out of poverty

More than 770 million of China's rural population living below the current poverty line have been raised from poverty.This was contained in...

Facility upgrade begins in Oro General Hospital soon, says Kwara Gov

By Steve Oni, Ilorin Kwara State would commence the upgrade and equipping of the Oro General Hospital in Irepodun...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -