Connect with us

News

NDLEA seizes 3,546kg hard drugs, arrests 205 suspects in FCT

Published

on

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), FCT Command, says it seized 3,546.632 kilograms of hard drugs from January to July.

The NDLEA, FCT Commander, Mr Lawan Hamisu, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja that the drugs seized comprised Cannabis sativa, Cocaine, Tramadol, Exol, Rophynol and Diazepam in a coordinated operation across the Territory.

He said that the operatives of the command within the period also arrested 205 suspects comprising of 180 males and 25 females.

He recalled that April and June was the period of lockdown due to COVID-19 as that clearly slow down the level of operations in the FCT.

He, however, noted that the agency had been working as much as possible to operate within the safety protocol as directed by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

“This is actually what account for the number to be this slightly low but it is still a worrisome development,’’ he said.

Hamisu said that the operatives of the command seized 3,295.193kg of cannabis sativa adding that the quantity alone was over three tonnes.

“0.061kg of cocaine, 0.842kg of Rophynol, 4.975kg of Diazepam, 2.46kg of Exol and 242.267kg of Tramadol were seized making the total of 3,546.632kg.

“Within the corridors of FCT, if this has been allowed to be in circulation, what will have been the catastrophe that it would have resulted.

“In the same vein, we have issues of cocaine which is very much pronounced as the most notorious drugs, which I must confess is becoming a very saddening event to most families.

“One thing I will like to draw our attention to, including our sister agencies, like NAFDAC for instance, is the increasing abuse of illicit drugs.

“Drugs that ordinarily suppose to be medicinal, but now they are being abused. Cough syrup for instance is becoming increasingly abused not only in FCT but in other parts of the country.

“This is a very serious issue for NDLEA as we are very much concern. And we have been drawing and will continue to draw the attention of relevant authorities to this,’’ he said.

Hamisu said that total conviction from January to July were 75, adding that June had the highest conviction of 37 out of the 75.

According to him, we referred about 80 out of the number arrested for counselling, while 10 persons walked themselves to the office to submit themselves to the agency.

“These 10 really wanted an intervention and we are glad to say that some are with us for three months and six months respectively. They have been discharged because they are working class and they have to return back to their work.

“At the moment, we are on the follow up and aftercare monitoring and services. I will say that is how far we have gone with the rehabilitation process in FCT,’’ he said.

Hamisu said that the number of female arrested within the 7 months could be a bit small but it was disturbing, adding that the frightening thing lately was the demography of drug abuse and trafficking.

According to him, the demography changes shape because you have the involvement of students, commercial sex workers, and you equally have even housewives.

The NDLEA commander said that the agency would continue to carry out its duties in line with global best practices to ensure that the territory was free of drug related issues.

He advised parents to pay closer attention to their wards and children to see what they were doing at home, who their close friends are especially now that they are at home. (NAN)

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa

Published

on

By

I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.

I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.

Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.

I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.

It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.

May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.

Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.