Crime
Benue Attack:The Soldiers Requested N1M, So We Offered Them About N450,000, But They Said No-Iorkyaa
Fresh details have emerged over the controversial killing of four people, including two students, allegedly by soldiers in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State.
According to eyewitnesses, the incident occurred after the burial of a traditional ruler in Turan community. Soldiers reportedly intercepted mourners on their way back, demanding money in exchange for providing security escort. When the request was rejected, the situation escalated into gunfire, leaving two students and two youths dead, while several others sustained injuries.
Cletus Iorkyaa, President of the Turan Development Association, said the soldiers initially demanded N1 million from the grieving family. “The soldiers requested N1 million, so we offered them about N450,000, but they said no,” he revealed. He added that when local youths volunteered to provide security instead, the soldiers later opened fire on the mourners.
The killings have sparked widespread outrage. Women in Jatoka staged protests demanding justice, while community members accused soldiers of abandoning the fight against bandits in the forests and instead targeting innocent villagers.
Local leaders have joined the call for accountability, demanding the withdrawal of soldiers from the area and their replacement with mobile police officers. They argued that soldiers are not trained to live within communities and should return to their barracks.
Meanwhile, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in Benue has appealed for calm, assuring residents that investigations are ongoing. But tensions remain high, with protesters insisting that those responsible must be held accountable.
For the people of Turan, their demand is clear: justice for the dead and an end to what they describe as military intimidation in their community
Crime
Police Confirm Abduction of 25 Female Students in Kebbi School Attack
By: Fabian Apechihin
The Kebbi State Police Command has confirmed that 25 female students were abducted and one person killed during an attack on Government Girls’ Comprehensive Secondary School, Maga, in Danko/Wasagu Local Government Area.
Police spokesperson CSP Nafi’u Abubakar said the attack occurred around 4 a.m. on Monday when heavily armed bandits stormed the school, firing sporadically.
According to Abubakar, police tactical teams were deployed immediately after a distress call and engaged the attackers in a gun duel. By the time security operatives arrived, the bandits had already scaled the school fence and abducted 25 students from their hostel.
He confirmed that one person, identified as Hassan Makuku, was shot dead, while another victim, Ali Shehu, sustained a gunshot wound to his right hand.
Abubakar added that additional police units, soldiers, and vigilante groups have been deployed to track the bandits and rescue the abducted students. Security teams are currently combing nearby forests and possible escape routes.
He urged residents to remain calm, stay alert, and cooperate with security agencies as operations continue.
Crime
Justice Dipeolu, his Egregious Judicial Decision on Nestoil Case and fake allegation of $5m bribe for Justice Tsoho
Talking of judges that doexercise judicial impunity and rascality in Nigeria today, the name of Justice Isaac Deinde Dipeolu of the Federal High Court in Lagos State will always make the list as a result of his abuse of judicial power.
Finding by this newspaper indicated that Justice Isaac Deinde Dipeolu is a man with no integrity and also with shocking and remarkably bad judicial decision, often considered a serious error or abuse of power.
Two years ago, Justice Dipeolu was accused of gross judicial impunity while handling the forfeiture of assets case of former CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, and he was compelled to excuse himself from the case immediately there were media reports that he had been financially induced.
Apart from that, Dipeolu is still facing media back lashes over his October 25, 2025 Order that Lotus Bank should take over the assets both movable and unmovable of Unpacked Limited , a firm.ownes by Feyikemi Abiodu and guaranteed by Oluwafeni Badewole.
The public outcries over that are that there were many technical errors in the ruling.
Over the time, Justice Dipeolu has made several wrongful convictions. In most of his rulings especially in criminal cases, the judge has made judicial decisions that have led to innocent persons being convicted even though they would later get fair hearings at higher courts.
Judges are allowed to use their discretion in few cases but for Justice Deinde Dipeolu, it’s an abuse of discretion. Some of his discretions are grossly unfair and unreasonable.
Apart from undermining justice, Justice Isaac Dipeolu’s egregious decisions have eroded trust in the Nigeria legal system, and because he isn’t checked by the authorities, his judicial rascality has damaged the country’s judiciary’s reputation. Also, his reputation has been badly harned as a result of his recklessness.
To get remedies from the bad decisions of Justice Dipeolu, many victims have had to appeal his judicial decisions at higher courts where most of his decisions had been reviewed and faulted by higher judges.
The latest judicial rascality of Justice Isaac Deinde Dipeolu is the granting of ex parte orders in the Nestoil case where he wrongly appointed a receiver/manager over Neconde’s interest in OML 42.
And according to judicial analysts, the judge’s decision was the height of judicial impunity because the Order was one-sided as it was granted without hearing the story of the person or persons against whom the order is made.
Analysts who have roundly condemned the inactions of Justice Dipeolu over the Order stated that he erred as he only had the power to grant such Orders in cases of exceptional urgency where the subject matter of the suit will likely be destroyed or dissipated irretrievably if the order was not made immediately.
Recall that the suit was brought based on the alleged default by Nestoil in the payment of loans granted by a group of banks to the company. Whereas, Nestoil and its promoters had provided various assets as collateral to secure the repayment of the Nestoil loans.
However, the Nestoil lenders appointed First Trustees to hold the collateral
on their behalf. The Nestoil lenders also reserved the power, acting through First Trustees, to appoint a receiver/manager to take over Nestoil and the Nestoil loan collateral if Nestoil defaulted in the repayment of the Nestoil loans.
Perhaps Justice Isaac Dipeolu has forgotten that under the Law, the Nestoil lenders exercised this power by appointing Mr. Abubakar Sulu-Gambari SAN as receiver/manager pursuant to a deed of appointment dated August 21, 2025.
It’s important to inform the public that prior to the recent events, the Nestoil lenders requested that Neconde’s interest in OML 42 should be provided as additional collateral for the repayment of the Nestoil loans. But Neconde had used its interest in OML 42 as a collateral to secure the loans it obtained from another group of banks. Therefore, in law and common sense, the only way Neconde may provide its interest in OML 42 as additional collateral to the Nestoil lenders was if (a)
the Neconde lenders permitted Neconde to do so, and (b) the collateral taken by the Nestoil lenders in OML 42 will be inferior to the collateral already held by the Neconde lenders, i.e., the Nestoil lenders will exercise their right only AFTER the Neconde lenders have exercised their right over the collateral in the event of a default. Neconde and the Nestoil lenders signed an agreement on this
basis. In this instance, this would have created a “second ranking charge” for the Nestoil lenders.
It’s also important to state that the Neconde lenders refused to permit Neconde to create a second ranking charge in favour of the Nestoil lenders. So, the Nestoil lenders did not obtain a second ranking charge over Neconde’s
interest in OML 42 or any of Neconde’s assets.
These facts are in the documents First Trustees presented to Hon. Justice Dideolu and on the basis of which he made the ex parte orders but, he made the following order against Neconde as order no. 5: “That an order is hereby made granting leave to the Receiver/Manager to take over the 2nd
Defendant’s [Neconde] office situate at 41/42 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos; any other asset of the 2nd Defendant wherever it may be found within the jurisdiction of this Court; and/or the 2nd Defendant’s interest in OML 42 JV by virtue of the Deed of Appointment dated 21st of August
2025, pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice”.
Meanwhile, the “Receiver/Manager” is the receiver/manager appointed by the Nestiol
lenders, who have no collateral or other legal right over Neconde or Neconde’s interest in OML 42, and Justice Dipeolu therefore wrongly wiped out the collateral held by the Neconde lenders by placing Neconde under receivership in favour of the Nestoil lenders who do not have any collateral or charge over Neconde or its assets.
Legal analysta said that Justice Dipeolu, an experienced judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria was induced by extra judicial considerations for him to exercise that egregious judicial impunity.
Expectedly, four of the Neconde lenders have already filed an application to be joined in the matter with a view to setting aside the orders made against Neconde because the order has no basis in fact and in law.
However, legal analysts have hailed the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court in Abuja, Justice Tsoho over his decision to direct Justice Dipeolu to withdraw from the suit based on the petition presented by the Nestoil Group to the National Judicial Council.
According to them, what Justice Tsoho did is the standard practice once a petition against a judicial officer has been presented to the NJC. “In fact, upon becoming aware of the petition, Justice Dipeolu ought to have recused himself from the matter with immediate effect without the necessity of the intervention of the Hon. Chief Judge” analysts said.
Analysts also condemned an allegation that Justice Tsoho was given a bribe of $5m to give his directive that Justice Dipeolu should excuse himself from the Nestoil case..
They wrote that it’s unfortunate that
Justice Dipeolu’s handlers have chosen to mount a campaign of calumny against Hon. Justice Tsoho just because he gave a directive that would redeem the integrity of the Nigeria judicial system.
The wrote: “A judge like Justice Dipeolu, who has consistently recklessly abused his judicial oath of office by making decisions that are induced by extra-judicial considerations ought to be flushed out of the. judiciary. His “fans” should help him to help himself by advising him to resign his office as a judge”
Crime
43 killed in during vigilante attacks in Kebbi, Niger States
At least 43 herders have been killed in a series of coordinated attacks by vigilante groups across parts of Kebbi and Niger States, according to community sources.
Soecial corresp9ndent, Zagazola Makama reports that the attacks, which occurred between Oct. 24 and 26, affected several rural settlements in Argungu, Arewa, and Bunza Local Government Areas of Kebbi State, where armed vigilantes reportedly invaded Fulani communities, killing dozens and setting houses ablaze.
In Lailaba District of Argungu LGA, particularly at Maini Fulani settlement, and in Bui and Tilli districts of Arewa and Bunza LGAs respectively, at least 37 people were killed, several others injured, and more than 200 houses destroyed. Many residents, including women and children, were displaced, while some persons remain missing.
Eyewitnesses said the attacks were carried out by groups of vigilantes who stormed the herders’ camps, shooting sporadically and torching homes. The violence was said to have begun on Oct. 24 in Argungu, followed by another on Oct. 25 in Bunza, and a third on Oct. 26 in Bui.
Community members alleged that the assailants came from neighbouring villages in Arewa LGA, including Yeldu District, while others involved in the Bui incident were said to have come from Tunga Bature, Tunga Tsoho, Bui, Sangela, and Danmairago villages.
Authorities in Kebbi have since visited the affected areas, promising to investigate the incident and bring those responsible to justice. The state government also assured displaced families of support and called for calm to prevent further escalation.
Meanwhile, similar violence was reported in Edati Local Government Area of Niger State, where six Fulani herders were killed and more than 60 houses burnt on Sept. 21 in Ejjin, Runji, Majina, and Ginshi villages.
Such acts of reprisal and mob justice could worsen communal relations and heighten insecurity across the affected states.
Reacting to the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has condemned the attacks in a statement issued in Abuja by the association’s National Secretary, Bello Aliyu Gotomo.
The group described the killings and destruction of herders’ settlements as unjustified and inhumane, calling for the arrest and prosecution of all those involved.
MACBAN lamented that herders in the region were already contending with the activities of armed bandits locally referred to as Lakurawa, who extort illegal taxes, seize livestock, and terrorise rural dwellers.
“Now, in addition to these threats, peaceful herders are being attacked by vigilantes acting outside the law. Allowing people to take the law into their hands will only worsen insecurity across the state,” the statement warned.
The group further expressed grief over a similar incident in Niger State, where six Fulani herders were killed and more than 60 houses burnt by vigilantes on Sept. 21, 2025, in the communities of Ejjin, Runji, Majina, and Ginshi in Edati Local Government Area.
MACBAN said the violence followed a misunderstanding between a farmer and a herder, after which some vigilantes mobilised and attacked herders’ homes while the herder involved was already in police custody.
The association commended the Governor of Niger State for his prompt intervention, which prevented the crisis from escalating further.
MACBAN, however, called on the Federal, State, and Local Governments to urgently address the rising wave of insecurity affecting rural communities across the country, noting that the situation had severely impacted livestock rearing and farming activities.
“The security crisis in rural areas demands immediate and coordinated attention from all tiers of government to protect lives and livelihoods,” Gotomo stated.
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
