Headlines
Buhari, Best Leader For Nigeria – Osinbajo
By Enwenede PRECIOUS Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria has the kind of president it needs at this time in the person of Muhammadu Buhari. He said this when he received Pastor W. F. Kumuyi, the General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Church, who paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja describing President Muhammadu Buhari as “honest, straightforward and operating from a genuine heart.’’ According to Osinbajo, although some people said Buhari is strict because of his forthrightness saying “he is the kind of leader we need now, a president who will not cut deals and who is only interested in moving Nigeria forward.” “We are very happy that we have a President who is honest, a President who is straight forward, a President who is operating from the genuineness of his heart, this is the kind of leader that we need now”, he added. Speaking further, Osinbajo told the delegation that he and the President worked well together and acknowledged the economic situation in the country noting that the current administration did not create the conditions, “but we are here at this time.” “The reason (we are here at this time,) is known to the Lord Himself; every day I wake up knowing there is a cause for being here and it is to move the country forward”, he explained. On the ongoing Ogoni clean-up and the situation in Niger Delta, Osinbajo said “the clean-up of Ogoni is very important, the situation is very bad.” “I have been in the area a few times, but we need peace in the area to be able to carry on with the clean-up”, he said. He also said the clean-up would take decades but with phased implementation, the people could gradually return to fishing and farming. On power sector, Osinbajo said by February, the country achieved 5,000mw of electricity for the first time in history, and then the militants’ attacks on pipelines made things go bad. According to him, militancy is not only retarding electricity, but also cutting the oil revenues of the nation and that government is working diligently on effective solutions to the challenges. Earlier, Kumuyi said he was in Abuja for a crusade and thought it good to pay a visit to the vice president and thanked God for the progress made so far by the administration, adding that “God will fulfill the purpose for which He brought you at a time like this.” While inviting the Osinbajo to the crusade, Kumuyi pledged his contributions and prayers for the Buhari administration, and also for the progress of the country.
Headlines
“Nigeria Is in a Hurry to Celebrate Victory Over Enemies of the State,” Says Tinubu as He Decorates New Service Chiefs
By: Fabian Apechihin
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has urged the newly appointed service chiefs to discharge their duties with utmost dedication and renewed commitment, declaring that “Nigeria is in a hurry to celebrate victory over enemies of the state.”
The President made this statement on Thursday during the decoration ceremony of the new service chiefs with their ranks at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.
Those decorated were General Olufemi Oluyede as Chief of Defence Staff, Lieutenant-General Wahidi Shaibu as Chief of Army Staff, Air Marshal Kennedy Aneke as Chief of Air Staff, and Vice Admiral Idi Abbas as Chief of Naval Staff.
The ceremony was attended by Vice President Kashim Shettima and the spouses of the newly promoted officers, who joined the President in performing the decorations.
In his address, Tinubu underscored the central role of security in fostering national development and reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to protecting the lives and property of all Nigerians.
“Security is an essential element without which everything else becomes meaningless,” the President stated. “There can be no sustainable development if this fundamental need is not met. Our people and our nation must remain secure to enjoy the dividends of governance.”
The elevation and decoration of the new military chiefs followed their confirmation by the National Assembly on Wednesday, after a closed-door screening session with lawmakers.
It will be recalled that, in a recent overhaul of the nation’s military hierarchy, President Tinubu appointed:
- Lieutenant General Olufemi Olatubosun Oluyede as Chief of Defence Staff,
- Major General Waidi Shaibu as Chief of Army Staff,
- Rear Admiral Idi Abbas as Chief of Naval Staff,
- Air Vice Marshal Sunday Aneke as Chief of Air Staff, and
- Major General Emmanuel Undiandeye retained as Chief of Defence Intelligence.
The new appointments mark a strategic restructuring of Nigeria’s security leadership aimed at strengthening the fight against insurgency, banditry, and other threats to national stability.
Headlines
FG Dismisses Coup Rumour, Reaffirms Confidence in Nigerian Military
By: Fabian Apechihin
The Federal Government has dismissed widespread rumours of an alleged military coup plot against President Bola Tinubu, declaring its full confidence in the loyalty and professionalism of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, made this known in an interview with The Punch on Sunday, insisting that the administration has “no reason whatsoever” to doubt the assurances given by the Defence Headquarters, which had earlier denied reports linking the detention of 16 military officers to a coup attempt.
“The Federal Government has no reason to doubt the military on what it has said,” Idris stated.
“We believe the Armed Forces of Nigeria remain committed to protecting the nation’s territorial integrity and strengthening the fight against insecurity. The government commends their sacrifice and will continue to support them in safeguarding the country.”
The minister’s remarks came a day after the Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, firmly debunked a report by Sahara Reporters alleging that the detention of 16 officers was connected to a failed coup plot and the cancellation of the 65th Independence Day parade.
Gusau described the publication as “false, mischievous, and deliberately aimed at creating unnecessary tension and public distrust.”
He clarified that the cancellation of the October 1 Independence Day parade was a purely administrative decision — taken to allow President Tinubu attend a key bilateral meeting abroad and to enable military units sustain ongoing counterinsurgency operations nationwide.
On the issue of the detained officers, Gusau said their case was “an internal disciplinary process” and not related to any political matter.
“The investigation involving the 16 officers is routine, aimed at upholding discipline and professionalism within the ranks,” he explained. “An investigative panel has been constituted, and its findings will be made public in due course.”
Reaffirming the military’s constitutional role and unwavering commitment to civilian rule, Gusau stressed emphatically:
“Democracy is forever.”
Headlines
FG Moves to Reform Civil Service Disciplinary System for Greater Efficiency
By: Fabian Apechihin
The Federal Government is set to overhaul the disciplinary control system in the civil service to promote efficiency, accountability, and timely resolution of cases.
The Chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC), Prof. Tunji Olaopa, made this known during a one-day joint retreat between the FCSC and the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF).
In a statement issued on Tuesday by the Commission’s Head of Press and Public Relations, Taiwo Hassan, Olaopa emphasized that the review would drive culture change, value reorientation, and improve the overall disciplinary framework in the public sector.
He likened the relationship between the FCSC and OHCSF to that of “Siamese twins,” noting that both bodies share crucial responsibilities in policy implementation, regulatory enforcement, and leadership across the service.
Olaopa also underscored the need for stronger collaboration and communication between the two institutions to avoid misunderstandings, build trust, and enhance service delivery.
The FCSC chairman further advocated for an integrated system that links merit-based recruitment, competency-driven human resource management, and performance evaluation with the civil service wage structure, saying such reforms would help reposition government as an “employer of choice.”
Speaking on behalf of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr. Folasade Yemi-Esan, Esther Walson-Jack praised Olaopa’s reform initiatives, describing the retreat as a renewed commitment to strengthening collaboration and efficiency within the civil service.
The renewed push for reform follows rising concerns about bureaucratic bottlenecks, delayed disciplinary actions, and weak accountability mechanisms in Nigeria’s public administration.
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
