Connect with us

News

Covid-19: Kwara reads riot act to lockdown violators

Published

on

By Steve Oni, Ilorin

Kwara state government has expressed great displeasure with the reckless violation of its no-movement directive by the people of the state, warning that punitive actions would henceforth be taken against anyone who violates the regulations.

Deputy Governor Kayode Alabi, who doubles as Chairman Kwara Covid-19 Technical Committee, gave the warning at a press briefing on Sunday in Ilorin, the state capital, adding that the security agencies have been fully briefed to arrest violators.

Restating that all markets remain open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between the hours of 8a.m. and 12noon for people to restock food and other essentials, Alabi, however, added that there would be no vehicular movements of any kind except for those on essential duties and trucks conveying foods and drugs and associated services earlier exempted.

He said: “For emphasis, Okada, Keke Napep, taxi, private vehicles and other vehicular movements are disallowed.

“People are to patronise only markets nearer to their places of residence. Movements to the markets shall be by foot. I repeat: people can go on foot to their neighbourhood markets to restock essential commodities on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays between 8am and 12 noon. But all unauthorised vehicular movements are banned until further notice.

“Anyone caught violating these regulations will be prosecuted in the mobile courts and sanctioned accordingly. People are to note that convictions at this mobile courts carry the same consequences as other judicial convictions.

“Government is working with market leaders to urgently create more neighbourhood markets to further ease people’s access to essential commodities.

“We admit that these measures are truly hard and extraordinary. But they are the only means to flattening the curve of transmission in our state and prevent avoidable deaths and sufferings. The only alternative is to let everyone go about their normal business and let everyone get infected. No responsible government should ever allow that to open. You have elected us to protect you. We urge you to give us all the support to make that happen.

“We commend our health workers for their sacrifices. We promise to stand by you and protect you now and always. Apart from the thousands of PPEs the government had earlier distributed across our 45 hospitals, we just took delivery of new consignments of PPEs which we have started distributing since Saturday.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa

Published

on

By

I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.

I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.

Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.

I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.

It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.

May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.

Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.