News
Efcc Quizzes NIA Director, As Buhari Jets Out For Another Medical Vacation
NationalTrail Can authoritatively report that. the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has invited some officials of the National Intelligence Agency for questioning, over the alleged involvem,ent of their embattled director general in the controversy surrounding the cash found in an apartment in Lagos.
Our correspondent reports that, those invited include a director (name withheld) as well as two accountants, through whose hands money belonging to the NIA passes. There has been no official statement on this latest development, but it is believed their interrogation may not be unconnected with the ongoing probe into the Ikoyi billions.
It will be recalled that the EFCC uncovered $43m cash as well as money in other currency at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi recently. The Director General of NIA, Ayo Oke said the money belongs to his agency.
The DG was subsequently suspended along with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, who was alleged to have wrongfully awarded contract s under the Presidential initiative on the North East.
Consequently, a three-man probe panel led by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was set up and has concluded its work last week, but the report which was supposed to have been submitted to the President this week may have to wait until President Muhammadu Buhari’s return from yet another medical vacation to London.
It was not immediately clear how President Muhammadu Buhari’s trip will affect the submission of Osinbajo’s report, but if the remarks credited to Buhari’s media aide is anything to go by, Osinbajo will continue to run affairs in the president’s absence, and may not submit the report to himself as acting President..
National Trail learnt on Monday when the report was supposed to have been submitted that, even as the panel was working on its mandate, EFCC continued with its probe into the cash haul by inviting the NIA officials for questioning especially about the agency’s finances.
Findings at the EFCC could not confirm if the NIA officials were detained, contrary to claims by our sources earlier, which confirmed that the officials were invited but they were in fact released early last week.The source said: “Early last week, a director and two accountants were invited by the EFCC but released unconditionally.”
When contacted for clarification, an official of the EFCC denied knowledge , saying, he was “not aware of any NIA officials” being quizzed.
Experts have continued to debate over the propriety or inappropriateness of the disclosures of NIA funds. Those kicking against full disclosure are being accused of trying to “deodorize the scam.” A source insisting on full disclosures argued for instance that “The most decorated and celebrated General in recent US history General David Petreaus as CIA Chief was disgraced from office. General Flynn is even a recent example. Investigation has opened on his relationship with the Russians because he refused to make full disclosure.”
Other officials at NIA argued that it was inappropriate to treat funds allocated for intelligence the same manner you as you handle normal programmes as there are always cover stories for security projects. But the most profound argument for caution on revelations on NIA expenditure was made by Professor Bolaji Akinyemi, a former minister of external affairs.
According Akinyemi, “External Intelligence operations do not belong into the same security genre as domestic security forces such as the SSS, EFCC and the Police.
“External Intelligence officers, otherwise called spies, do not operate under the same operational penalties as domestic intelligence officers.
“The ultimate penalty for a foreign spy in most countries is death. Countries go to incredible lengths to hide the identities of their agents both domestic and foreign and their operations. No receipts get issued. Budgets are called black budgets because they are never publicly acknowledged.”
How much of Akinyemi’s advice the federal government will take remains to be seen as the EFCC has dragged the cash haul to court seeking total forfeiture of the money uncovered.
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
