News
#EndSARS: LCCI urges youth on dialogue
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has advised the EndSARS protesters to progress to dialogue as the next stage of civic engagement, in consideration of economic activities.
Mrs Toki Mabogunje, President, LCCI, made the appeal in a statement on Monday in Lagos.
Mabogunje said the dialogue phase was necessary to reduce the massive disruptions, blockades and barricades around major cities and interstate highways.
The LCCI President said that the actions had been at great cost to the economy and the welfare of Nigerian citizens.
She urged the protesters to note that the Nigerian economy was still reeling from the shocks of the COVID-19 pandemic and was struggling to recover from its devastating effects.
Mabogunje said that the Nigerian economy had suffered an estimated N700 billion loss in the past 12 days since the protest started.
“The LCCI wishes to express its condolences to the families of all who have lost their lives through the brutal actions of the police and all those who have suffered in one way or the other the cruel and unjust acts of the police, especially the officers of Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).
“The LCCI appreciates the value of citizens’ engagement and the demand for accountability which the EndSARS protest essentially represents.
“These are in consonance with democratic norms and they also form vital ingredients for good governance.
“The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is however concerned about the negative impact that the protracted nature of the EndSars protests has on business activities across the country.
“Over the past 12 days, economic activities have been crippled in most parts of the country and has been particularly profound in the urban areas.
“The Nigerian economy has suffered an estimated N700 billion loss in the past 12 days,” she said.
The LCCI President said the protest, which had been impactful and profound, had also demonstrated in unmistakeable terms the power of the people.
It had also demonstrated the potency of the energy of the youth to bring about change, Mabogunje said.
She, however, noted that the nation had also begun to experience various unintended outcomes of the protest.
“The protest has achieved some significant outcomes given the reawakening that it has generated in reforming the shortcomings in our political governance and the fact that some of the demands of the protesters have been met.
“There is a great risk that the situation may degenerate into a case of the complete breakdown of law and order which is certainly not in consonance with the objectives of the EndSars peaceful protests.
“It is important to avoid a situation where even more hardship is inflicted on the very citizens that the protesters are seeking to protect,” Mabogunje said.
She, therefore, appealed that
President Muhammadu Buhari should urgently grant audience to the leadership of the protest to deliberate on the way forward.
This, she said, should also be to agree on an action plan for the delivery of agreed outcomes.
Mabogunje urged government’s commitment to rapid improvement in governance quality and accountability.
She said this was by effecting necessary institutional, policy and regulatory reforms, not only for the police, but the entire public sector ecosystem.
“The Leadership of the protest should occupy the seats provided to participate in the reforms to be implemented by government in response to their demands,” she said. (NAN)
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
