Defence/Security
FCTA Raids Forest Serving As Hideout Of Kidnappers in Asokoro District
… Considers Drone Technology To Tackle The Menace
By Hassan Taiye
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has cleared one of the territory’s widest forests known as “Kobi forest” Which before now had been helping criminal activities such as kidnapping around Guzape, and Asokoro village communities.
Clearing of the hilly forest came nearly eight days after a group of kidnappers struck at Kobi and Paduma 3 villages in which a vigilantes commander named Bello was killed while two earlier kidnapped villagers were rescued by the police.
Speaking at the commencement of the the clearing exercise on Monday, the Director of Development Control, FCTA, Muktar Galadinma, said the clearance exercise is to frustrate the evil plans of the kidnappers as the forest have been discovered to be serving as escape route whenever they finished their nefarious activities.
“The purpose of our visit to this site is to clear this forest, which has become an ungoverned space. About a week ago, there was a reported case of kidnapping, and the suspects were traced to this area. In the course of the rescue attempt, one of the vigilante officers lost his life. That is why we are here this morning—to ensure all the trees are brought down.”
Galadima noted that the villagers had earlier gave their consent to remove the cashew forest to pave way for effective surveillance. He said security of life and properties of people is of ultimate priority in the present material time than compensation.
“I’ve just been informed by the representative of the village chief that they support this action and will cooperate with us in clearing everything, because they too have been victims of the situation. They are not asking for compensation, only for total clearance of the trees”.
He also maintained that all the shanties around the villages would also be removed as he suggested a police post for the area.
“In many areas around the fringes of Abuja, we see similar situations where trees and forests are used as cover. This exercise is not limited to this community alone. A few weeks ago, we started clearing plantations in places like Apo Resettlement, where we cleared over two hectares, and also at Apo Guzape and Last year, we cleared the Mabushi Scavengers Colony, where the trees were being used as a form of shelter. So this effort is not confined to the city center; it extends beyond it”.
He revealed that the security committee is making recommendations to the federal capital territory administration on the possible steps needed to curtail the criminal activities in the area.
“We will make recommendations to the FCT Administration. Agencies like the Directorate of Rural Services, the Abuja Environmental Protection Board, and the police may be stationed here. Arrangements can be made to ensure this corridor is properly maintained”.
On his part, Director of FCT security services Department, Adam Gwari, represented by the secretary, FCT command and control, Dr. Peter OLUMIJI, revealed that the FCT administration is employing the use of drone surveillance technology, to monitor the uncovered space in and around the FCT including forest in the villages . He explained that the drones work twenty four hours a day.
He noted that as parts of measures to secured the area, a 24-hour hours service police post will be established to secure the environment including Solar-powered streetlights.
“As the director has explained, this forest is a major transit route for kidnapping activities. From here, criminals can move to Karu, Jikwoyi, Orozo and Kurudu The Police Commissioner has already surveyed these routes, which is why we are here now to clear this area”.
Gwari noted that security agencies are already carrying out investigation to uncover more about the incident that happened on 15 September in the village.
One of the residents of Kobi, who gave his name as Iliya Iwadagba narrated their ordeals saying they have been living there for a long time peacefully without any fear of kidnappers.
“We did not experience this kind of thing. But five years back now, some unwanted people started coming here, and we could no longer pass this route because anytime in the evening when you pass there, people will just come out from bush this bush around us, and attack “.
He explained how the suspected kidnappers have been operating on the road that connects Kobi and Kpaduma villages , he hinted that about two people were killed inside their cars while returning from works in the night, while some were forcefully taken away at the fall of night on the same Kobi road.
“They killed one man and left his car, they kidnapped one man, and left his car, and just of recent our vigilante while trying to secure the area, they came out and shot them”.
“So this thing is getting too much. So we are calling for the government to see how they can at least clear this bush and give us security. Even us that are working here, we cannot work because we always think something will happen, our businesses does not flow here like before because everybody is scared of following this place”.
END
Defence/Security
Why Christians Are Being Targeted in Nigeria — Majeed Dahiru Speaks
By: Fabian Apechihin
Public affairs analyst, Majeed Dahiru, has weighed in on the reports of targeted killings of Christians in Nigeria, insisting that President Bola Tinubu cannot be accused of religious bias or complicity in the country’s security challenges.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Dahiru said President Tinubu has shown a strong commitment to national security and unity since taking office.
“President Tinubu has not, by any stretch of the imagination, been accused of religious bigotry or having sympathy for Islamist jihadist terror groups,” he stated.
According to him, the president has mobilised the armed forces and other security agencies to combat insurgency and restore stability in violence-prone regions.
Dahiru acknowledged that attacks on Christians in some parts of the country remain worrisome but maintained that there has been visible progress in the fight against terrorism and banditry.
“Absolutely not. You can criticise him for every other thing, but not for religious bias. There is no way he would sit idly as Commander-in-Chief and allow or encourage the killing of Christians,” he added.
His comments follow heightened international concern over alleged religiously motivated killings in Nigeria.
On October 31, former U.S. President Donald Trump described the situation as a “mass slaughter,” warning that Christianity faces an existential threat in Nigeria.
Trump also directed Congressman Riley Moore and House Appropriations Chairman Tom Cole to investigate the reported killings, saying:
“I am hereby making Nigeria a ‘country of particular concern.’ But that is the least of it. When Christians, or any such group, are slaughtered as is happening in Nigeria (3,100 versus 4,476 worldwide), something must be done!”
However, the Nigerian government has dismissed the claims of a “Christian genocide,” insisting that security forces are confronting all forms of criminality without ethnic or religious bias.
Defence/Security
Genocide Allegations: Group Urges Tinubu to File Treason Charges Against Nigerians Who Reported Country to Trump
By: Fabian Apechihin
The National Patriotic Elders for Peace and Harmony of Nigeria (NPEPHN) has called on President Bola Tinubu to file treasonable felony charges against Nigerians who allegedly reported cases of Christian massacres to the United States government.
In a statement issued on Friday, the group’s president, Dr. Bature AbdulAziz, condemned the actions of those he described as “unpatriotic elements”, insisting that their reports to foreign powers amounted to a betrayal of national sovereignty.
“Nigeria is a sovereign nation with adequate laws to address the concerns of its citizens,” AbdulAziz said. “Reporting the country to another nation is nothing short of treasonable felony, and those responsible must be prosecuted.”
The elders also urged Northern governors to urgently convene a regional security meeting involving religious and ethnic leaders to address the recurring violence in the region and to present verified data on casualties to counter “false narratives” being circulated internationally.
According to AbdulAziz, the silence of Northern leaders amid U.S. President Donald Trump’s threat of military intervention in Nigeria was unacceptable. He advised them to compile accurate records of attacks and present factual evidence before relevant authorities.
“The claim that over 500,000 Christians have been killed must be supported with verifiable data,” he said. “The U.S. government knows that most of the victims of insecurity in Nigeria are Muslims, not Christians.”
Citing data from various conflict-prone regions, AbdulAziz maintained that 75 percent of victims of terrorism and communal violence since 1999 have been Muslims, noting that most of the affected areas — including Kaduna, Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Borno, and Yobe — are predominantly Muslim communities.
“These are the towns and villages that have been burned, destroyed, and displaced repeatedly,” he added.
While acknowledging that parts of the North Central zone — including Benue, Plateau, Taraba, and Kwara — have a higher Christian population, AbdulAziz said most of the conflicts in those states stem from farmer-herder clashes, where both sides suffer heavy losses.
“In many cases, Muslim herders are attacked and displaced by host communities. Their families and livestock are killed, yet no one talks about those casualties,” he noted.
AbdulAziz faulted the U.S. government for allegedly accepting “false genocide claims” without conducting independent investigations.
“It is shocking that the United States would believe such fabrications despite its advanced intelligence systems. We suspect there is a hidden political motive — possibly linked to Nigeria’s stance on the Israel-Palestine issue at the United Nations, or our government’s growing alignment with France and other nations,” he alleged.
The elder statesman reminded Donald Trump of Nigeria’s historic role in promoting peace and democracy across Africa.
“Any attack on Nigeria would destabilize several African nations that depend on her strength. We therefore appeal to President Trump to reconsider his decision,” AbdulAziz stated.
The group reiterated its support for President Tinubu’s administration and urged Nigerians to unite in defending the country’s sovereignty from “external manipulation and internal sabotage.”
Defence/Security
Retired ACP Sheriff Rabiu Blasts Northern Clerics Over Hate Preaching, Almajiri Menace
By: Fabian Apechihin
A retired Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sheriff Abubakar Rabiu, has sparked nationwide debate with a hard-hitting open letter accusing some Northern Islamic clerics of fueling division and violence through incendiary sermons.
The strongly worded message, which has gone viral across WhatsApp groups, mosque forums, and security networks, condemned what Rabiu described as the “toxic preaching culture” that has poisoned the minds of Northern youths and laid the foundation for extremist movements like Boko Haram.
“Nobody has the key to Jannatul Firdausi except Allah,” Rabiu wrote. “Yet any Tom, Dick, and Harry with shallow knowledge of Islam grabs a microphone and calls our Christian brothers ‘Arna’, ‘Kafurai’, or ‘infidels destined for hell’. This is not Islam. This is madness — and this madness gave birth to Boko Haram.”
Rabiu, who once served as Chief Security Officer to former Adamawa Governor Murtala Nyako, said Nigeria’s greatest internal threats are hate preaching and the Almajiri system, which he described as a breeding ground for radicalization.
“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop. Those street children begging today are tomorrow’s recruits and foot soldiers for every terrorist group promising paradise for killing ‘infidels’,” he warned.
Turning his criticism inward, Rabiu questioned why Northern leaders were quick to blame Donald Trump for placing Nigeria on a religious freedom watchlist while ignoring the behaviors that justified it.
“Instead of shouting that Trump is Islamophobic, let’s ask ourselves why America put us on that list,” he said. “In Saudi Arabia, Qatar, or the UAE, try preaching hate from a pulpit — you’ll be arrested the same day. But here in secular Nigeria, they insult Christians from Friday to Friday and nobody stops them.”
Rabiu urged President Bola Tinubu to take decisive action by directing the National Assembly, Northern governors, and local government councils to enact and enforce laws criminalizing:
- The use of derogatory religious labels like arne or kafir
- Street begging by children under the Almajiri system
- Hate speech disguised as preaching
“Do this sincerely,” he cautioned, “and America will see that we are serious. Fail, and we invite the same war machinery that turned Afghanistan and Iraq into graveyards.”
The retired officer ended with a nostalgic appeal for unity:
“If we implement these measures, Nigeria will return to the peace we had in the 1970s — when Muslims and Christians drank from the same cup, married each other’s sisters, and buried each other’s dead.”
By Thursday evening, Rabiu’s open letter had been shared in over 40 Northern WhatsApp groups, drawing support from youth leaders and religious moderates alike.
A community leader in Kano’s Hotoro suburb said, “This is the first time a respected Muslim officer has spoken this boldly. If our governors ignore him, they are the real enemies of Islam.”
Although the Kano Hisbah Board declined to comment officially, a senior commander who spoke off record admitted, “Mallam Sheriff said what many of us whisper privately. The question is — who will bell the cat?”
As Northern Nigeria grapples with rising tension over the message, one fact remains clear: a retired police officer has drawn a bold red line against radical preaching — and the ripple effect may reshape the region’s religious discourse for years to come.
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
