News
Fire destroys economic crops in C/River communities
Fire incident has destroyed economic crops worth millions of Naira in Cross River communities of Agba, Bansan, and Obubra in Boki local government area of state.
ALSO READ:Breaking: A-Court makes U-turn, to hear Oshiomhole’s appeal 4 pm
The mysterious fire incident, which started from the night of March 12 to the early hours of March 13, destroyed economic crops such as cocoa, plantain, banana, oil palm trees, bush mango and avocado peer.
The destruction covered an area of over 1,000 hectares which covers the three communities.
Clan Head of Agba 2 community, Mr Patrick Ekpang, who conducted our Correspondent around the disaster area, said the incident had caused hunger in the affected communities.
Ekpang told our correspondent that over 200 farmers were affected by the fire incident, adding that the victims had become jobless in their communities and without food to feed their families.
“As you can see, the entire farming forest have been destroyed by fire. We woke up one morning to hear that fire has gutted the entire farmlands involving three communities.
“We all rushed to the area, but before we could put off the fire, our economic trees have all been destroyed. Before the incident, some cocoa and oil palm farmers were preparing for harvest before the fire struck.
“We have lost millions of Naira and now, some of our youths who also own large farmlands have become jobless in their own communities.
“We are appealing to the National Emergency Management Agency, Cross River State Emergency Management Agency, Office of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management including corporate organisations and individuals to come to our aid.
“We need food and financial assistance to help us procure more nursery and inputs to start a fresh planting ahead of the rainy season,” he said.
Mr Hilary Bisong, the House of Assembly member representing Boki 2, who is from Agba community, called on the state and Federal Government to provide relief materials and financial assistance to the victims.
Another victim, Mr Stephen Asu, told NAN that the tragic incident had caused poverty on the side of the victims.
“We have become beggars in our own communities. Until now, we don’t know the immediate cause of the fire incident that has damaged our economic trees and rendered us jobless and hungry”, he said.
For Mr Peter Agbor, who said the fire incident started from his farm, lamented that his 20 hectares of cocoa, oil palm trees and avocado trees all got burnt.
“For me, I have four children; I don’t have any other occupation apart from farming. There is serious hunger in my house now because I can no longer harvest my crops for sale and the one we consume at home has been deflated”, he said.
Other victims, Mr Paul Eban from Bansan and Mr Denis Akan from Obubra communities, also appealed to the SEMA and NEMA to come to their aid.
Mr Princewill Ayim, Director General of Cross River State Emergency Management Agency, confirmed that the incident had been reported to the agency.
Ayim told NAN that the agency had taken assessment on the extent of damage caused by the fire incident.
He said the that SEMA had made a letter of notification to the Zonal office of NEMA with a view to help the victims with relief materials.
“We are still in the dry season, I want to advise farmers in the rural areas to stop the burning of bushes within this period.
“I sympathise with the affected victims because I know the hardship that has befallen them. We hope that relevant agencies will intervene swiftly to ameliorate their plight,” he said.
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
