News
FRSC boss insists on compulsory use of speed limit device
The Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has said that all stakeholders must ensure compulsory installation of speed limiting device in their vehicles to curtail incidences of speed related crashes.
Corps Public Education Officer Assistant Corps Marshal Bisi Kazeem disclosed this in a statement made available in Abuja on Thursday.
Oyeyemi said that the meeting convened was the first virtual meeting with road transportation stakeholders across the country with the view of enhancing the safety of lives and property.
He said that the meeting was in pursuance to the expiration of the 2020 end of the year special patrol operations which lasted between Dec. 25, 2020 and Jan. 15.
He also said that the meeting was targeted at reviewing the impact of the exercise, identifying notable challenges and communicating areas of immediate improvement to the stakeholders.
According to him, all stakeholders must ensure compulsory installation of speed limit device to avoid fatal crashes.
He said that stakeholders must also ensure observance of precautionary guidelines for safe public transportation amidst the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
He however, discouraged overloading of vehicles with both passengers and goods to reduce fatalities.
The corps marshal stated that even though the corps recorded low road traffic crashes compared to the previous year, there was an observable record of increased with heavy fatalities recorded in fewer number of crashes.
He noted that most of the crashes occurred at night and in the early hours of the morning while some high fatality crashes that involved fuel-laden tankers were recorded within the period.
He added that unlatched containerised cargoes, as well as trucks carrying a combination of humans, animals and goods were also recorded within the period.
Oyeyemi listed the most prevalent causes of the crashes recorded within the period as speeding, fatigue, wrongful overtaking, break failure and lane discipline, saying that the secondary cause or resultant effect of the above causes was loss of control.
“Night travels which have cost the country many lives must be discouraged since it is prone to poor visibility, fatigue and could lead to sleeping on the wheels, and drivers must be subjected to regular visual acuity test to fish out those with defects.
“In addition, strict observance of maximum driving hours and rest period must be complied with, stating that drivers must observe 15 minutes rest after every four hours drive,” he said.
The corps marshal appreciated the efforts of the federal government towards the realisation of the safety mandate; as well as the cooperation and contributions of all road transportation stakeholders in ensuring the safety of the highways in the year 2020.
Responding to the corps marshal, the National President, National Association of Road Transport Owners, (NARTO) Alhaji Lawal Othman, said that the association had already keyed into the installation of speed limiting device and safety valves.
Othman noted that most of their vehicles have already installed the device saying that more effort would be put in place to ensure full compliance.
The National Chairman, NUPENG-PTD, Salimon Oladiti, also advised state governments to create road barriers on most of the bridges in there states, as it was obtainable in Lagos and Oyo State so as to mitigate every factor that could lead to crashes.
The National President, Public Transport Owners of Nigeria Association (PTONA), Mr Isaac Uhunmwagho, spoke on the need to ensure that all vehicles assembled in Nigeria have the speed limiting device installed in them and properly calibrated before they were allowed to begin operations.
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
