Connect with us

News

Irigwe people in Jos say they have no hand in the murder of 22 commuters

Published

on

Irigwe Development Association, an ethnic group in Plateau on Monday denounced allegations that its people were responsible for the killing of 22 commuters on Rukuba Road, Jos on Aug. 14.

President of the association, Mr Robert Dodo, denounced the allegation at a news conference it organised in collaboration with an NGO in Abuja.

Dodo said on the said day, Irigwe people were mourning their losses and were in a mass burial procession, an aftermath of an attack on the community by gunmen.

He said the community had earlier applied and obtained permission from the police in Jos, which even provided escorts for the burial procession.

He added that it was the police escorts in the procession that advised the mourners not to use the Rukuba Road route.

“As law abiding people, the Irigwe funeral procession used an alternative route to arrive at destination at Miago.

“May we make it clear that our mourners and the funeral procession did not pass through Rukuba Road.

“We did not have any contact whatsoever with those travellers who were unfortunately killed,” he said.

Dodo stressed that the narrative that the Rukuba Road attack was carried out by Irigwe youths and the mourners was false, evil and malicious.

Dodo also denounced media reports that Irigwe people signed a peace accord with herdsmen as untrue.

He said Irigwe people had no problem with peace-loving herdsmen saying both groups attended meetings with the state government with the hope of putting an end to killings in the state.

The Programme Coordinator of the NGO, Mr Mark Lipdo, said danger was inherent in labelling lrigwe people or Plateau people as perpetrators of killings without conclusive investigation or evidence.

He said the NGO had observed the emergence of threats issued in various quarters about plans of attacks and reports of influx of strangers that had made Irigwe people vulnerable.

“We have also observed with great concern, increased security reports of impending attacks in various parts of the state. This should not be allowed to continue.

“Rather than allowing conflict merchants and trouble makers to take advantage of situations like this, the NGO is calling for a united stand in response to criminality.

“We are calling on government to expedite action to ensure that criminals who continued to attack our communities, kidnap, maim and kill people are apprehended and brought to justice,’’ he said.

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa

Published

on

By

I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.

I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.

Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.

I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.

It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.

May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.

Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.