News
RNC: I won’t waste precious time attacking opposition — Melania Trump
U.S. First Lady, Mrs Melania Trump, on Tuesday refrained from attacking the opposition in a 25-minute long keynote speech on the second night of the Republican National Convention.

Speaking before a small audience at the White House, she said she would not waste precious time “attacking the other side’’.
This, she noted, was because as witnessed during last week’s Democratic National Convention, doing so would only divide the country further.
Her stance was a total deviation from previous speakers, whose speeches were laced with attacks on the Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, and his party.
Among members of the audience were her husband, President Donald Trump; Vice President Mike Pence, and other senior administration officials.
Some Democrats frowned at her decision to use the White House, a public property, for a political campaign, describing it as unethical.
The First Lady projected her husband as an honest and authentic person, who says it as it is and never wastes time playing politics.
“Almost four years ago, we went into Election Day completely underestimated.
“Despite what is being said again this year, I know just as you do that Americans will go to the polls, and will elect Trump on behalf of their families, our economy, our national security and our children’s future.
“To vote for those ideals is not a partisan vote, it is a common-sense vote because those are goals and hopes that we all believe in,’’ she said.
The president’s wife addressed two major challenges currently confronting the U.S., namely the COVID-19 pandemic and civil unrest over racial injustice.
Acknowledging the pain caused by the pandemic, she expressed her sympathies to those who have lost loved ones and those struggling with the attendant socio-economic impacts.
“My husband’s administration will not stop fighting until there is an effective treatment or vaccine available to everyone.
“Donald will not rest until he has done all he can to take care of everyone impacted by this terrible pandemic,’’ Mrs Trump said.
On racial injustice, she said it was a “harsh reality” and part of America’s history that “we are not proud’’.
She enjoined racial injustice protesters to be civil in their agitations and focus on the future while still learning from the past.
“I urge people to come together in a civil manner so we can work and live up to our standard American ideals.
“I also ask people to stop the violence and looting being done in the name of justice and never make assumptions based on the colour of a person’s skin,’’ she pleaded.
Among other speakers during the convention’s second night were President Trump’s children, Eric and Tiffany, and U.S. Secretary of State, Michael Pompeo, who spoke from Jerusalem.
In his speech, Eric assailed the “radical Democrats” whom he accused of disrespecting “our National Anthem by taking a knee’’.
He said the opposition’s stance was a dishonour to the country’s armed forces laying down their lives every day “to protect our freedom’’.
Eric also attacked Democrats for attempting to cut funding to law enforcement agencies thereby undermining the security of lives and property.
Like father, like daughter, Tiffany took aim at the U.S. media, accusing them of engaging in campaigns of misinformation in a bid to manipulate Americans.
“This misinformation system keeps people mentally enslaved to the ideas they deem correct.
“This has fostered unnecessary fear and divisiveness amongst us,’’ she fired.
In a pre-recorded video message, Pompeo focused on the Trump administration’s foreign policies and the war on terror.
He said the president’s America First vision, although making him unpopular in every foreign capital, was yielding dividends for Americans.
The Secretary of State said Trump was dealing decisively with terrorist groups, cooling tensions with North Korea, and holding China accountable for unfair trade practices and covering up the China virus, among others.
Critics also slammed Pompeo for alleged unethical practice, arguing that as the country’s top diplomat, he should not be involved in political conventions. (NAN)
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
