Connect with us

News

Saraki V Sahara Reporters: Kwara Police Nab 5 Suspected Thugs

Published

on

 

By Steve Oni, Ilorin

Five persons have been arrested by the police in Kwara state for attempting to cause mayhem at the resumed hearing of an appeal by the publisher of an online newspaper, Sahara reporters, seeking to set aside a N4 billion judgment awarded against it over a series of stories published last year by the medium against the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

Police sources claimed that the suspects had come from outside the state and were believed to be supporters of the online publisher.

There was pandemonium as the group confronted loyalists of Saraki who had also gathered to witness the court session.

In the process a middle-age woman was stripped bare while passersby ran towards different directions before the police came to restore law and order.

Confirming the development, the spokesman of  the state police command, Ajayi Okasanmi, said investigation was still on to uncover the true identity of those arrested.

He said the command had envisaged the possibility of trouble at the resumed hearing, hence the decision to reinforce its normal presence on the court premises.

He said: “We went there to maintain the peace as usual but later there was rancour and we had to deploy more men and in the process we arrested some people. As at the last time I checked we had arrested five persons.”

Okasanmi said one of those arrested claimed to be a journalist but was yet to give proper identification of his status and medium.

However, report by the online medium indicated that one of those arrested was one Juwon Sanyaolu, described by the medium as an activist.

Earlier the court had directed the appellant, represented by Stanley Ihmaruo from the chambers of Femi Falana (SAN), to file an address of service within the jurisdiction of the court to enable the respondent deliver its responses.

The court had been told by counsel to Saraki/respondent that the appellant had failed to provide an address within the jurisdiction of the court and in line with the provisions of the state high court procedures, where they could be served written responses. The case was later adjourned to October 26, 2017 for hearing of the application by the appellant.

The state high court had awarded N4billion against the online medium for accusing the Senate president of misdeeds that were not substantiated. The defendants, the court had been told, had refused to defend the case despite the service of the summons on them. But the defendant later approached the court asking that the judgment be set aside, saying he was not served.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa

Published

on

By

I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.

I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.

Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.

I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.

It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.

May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.

Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.