Connect with us

Economy

171 millionaires emerge in Dangote Cement Promo

Published

on

Dangote Cement Plc says 171 millionaires across the nation have emerged in its ongoing ‘Bag of Goodies Promo season 2’.

The company made this known in a statement signed by Mr Anthony Chiejina, Group Head, Corporate Communications, Dangote Industries Limited on Sunday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the promo, which kicked off in July, is expected to produce 1,000 millionaires by November 5, 2020.

According to the statement, the increase in the number of millionaires came as a result of new winners who were given star prizes at ceremonies held in Lagos, Enugu, Port Harcourt and Ibadan.

Speaking at the presentation of dummy cheques to winners in Port Harcourt, Regional Director, South-South Dangote Cement, Mr George Okoro, said that the promo was to reward Nigerians.

He said they were rewarded for their continued patronage of Dangote Cement over the years.

He added that the company was well committed to uplifting and raising the standards of living of Nigerians as well as their financial stability.

He charged the winners not to relent but invest the prize wisely to yield more benefits in the future for them.

The Dangote Regional Director stated the company’s readiness to give out one billion naira to 1000 customers.

He noted that other prices to be won included refrigerators, tricycles, recharge cards and television sets.

Also, Regional Director, Lagos/Ogun, Tunde Mabogunje, at the prize giving ceremony in Ikeja, commended the winners for their loyalty and continuous use of Dangote Cement in their projects.

He said the company was making progress because of consumers who formed the end chain in the distribution of any product.

“Without consumers, no product will become a success,” he said.

Mr Bankole George, Regional Director, South East, addressing the winners at the event held at the regional office in Enugu, tasked them to buy more of Dangote Cement to improve their chances of winning.

He urged the purchase of Dangote cement in the completion of building projects by taking advantage of the timing of the current promo in a win-win situation.

“Whoever completes his projects this period and still wins one millionaire naira in the promo has won on two fronts,” he said.

In her remarks, Director of Marketing, Dangote Cement, Mrs Funmi Sanni, said the promo came at an appropriate time to cushion the effects and impact of COVID-19 on businesses and families.

Sanni said the company had been making efforts to satisfy its teeming customers to the fullest.

She added that apart from the premium quality of the product, the firm has also introduced several customer-driven promotional offers in order to keep their relationship intact.

According to her, a customer could only win the N1 million cash prize on collection of the scratch cards that each carried letter D, A, N, G, O, T and E to make up the name DANGOTE.

“Winners were presented with dummy cheques and received alerts during the presentation ceremonies held in several cities across the nation,” she said.

Chief Commercial Officer, Dangote Group, Mr Rabiu Umar, in his remarks, said following the negative impact of COVID-19 on the economy, Dangote Cement decided to award total of N1 billion to 1,000 winners across the country.

According to him, the company deemed it fit to continue with the second phase of the promo, tagged Bag of Goodies 2 in order to give back to the society to cushion the effects of the pandemic.

Umar noted that the promo was like palliative to the teeming customers in the wake of the pandemic as most of them had suffered economic hardship caused by the coronavirus.

“Despite effects of COVID-19 on global economy, Dangote cement company has decided to go ahead with the Bag of Goodies promo in order to give back to the society.

“This promo is like a palliative to our teeming customers who have suffered economic hardship, occasioned by the pandemic.

“Therefore, this would at least cushion the effects of the pandemic.

“We feel that despite the pandemic, it is worthy to put a smile on the face of our teeming customers across the country. I am sure we have achieved our aim in this round of the promo, ” he said. (NAN)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

JUST IN: FG Halts Planned 15% Import Duty on Petrol, Diesel

Published

on

By: Fabian Apechihin

The Federal Government has suspended the planned implementation of a 15 percent import duty on petrol and diesel.

This was disclosed on Thursday by George Ene-Ita, Director of Public Affairs at the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA), who urged Nigerians to avoid panic buying.

President Bola Tinubu had earlier, on October 29, approved the imposition of the tariff following a proposal by the Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Zacch Adedeji. The approval, conveyed in a letter signed by the President’s Private Secretary, Damilotun Aderemi, was intended to take effect from November 21, 2025.

The proposed policy sought to impose a 15 percent duty on the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value of imported petrol and diesel. It was aimed at supporting domestic refineries — such as the Dangote Refinery and modular plants — by making imported fuel less competitive. However, experts cautioned that the move could lead to an increase of up to ₦150 per litre in pump prices and further fuel inflation and transportation costs.

In its latest update, the NMDPRA confirmed that the import duty is no longer under consideration.

“It should also be noted that the implementation of the 15% ad-valorem import duty on imported Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and Automotive Gas Oil (Diesel) is no longer in view,” the Authority stated.

The agency further assured the public of adequate fuel availability across the country, noting that national stock levels remain within the required sufficiency threshold.

“There is a robust domestic supply of petroleum products — including PMS, AGO, and LPG — from both local refineries and imports, ensuring timely replenishment of depots and retail stations,” the statement added.

NMDPRA cautioned marketers against hoarding, panic buying, or arbitrary price increases, emphasizing that it will continue to monitor the market to prevent any disruption in supply.

“While appreciating the efforts of stakeholders in maintaining smooth and uninterrupted supply, the public is assured of NMDPRA’s commitment to safeguarding national energy security,” the statement concluded.

Continue Reading

Economy

FGN, Sign $400m Deal To Boost Local Steel Production

Published

on

From Hassan Taiye

The Federal Government of Nigeria, FGN, through the Ministry of Steel Development, has signed a Joint Strategic Cooperation Declaration with Stellar Steel Company Limited.

Stellar Steel Company Limited is a steel-manufacturing enterprise established to operate in Nigeria, with major investment backing from Chinese parent groups: Galaxy Group and RSIN Group based in Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China.

The company has committed approximately US$450 million for a steel plant project in Ogun State, Nigeria, scheduled to begin operations by mid-2026.

This landmark partnership is aimed at revitalising Nigeria’s steel industry and reducing the nation’s dependence on imported steel products, according to a statement signed by the the Principal Information Officer, PIO, Ijomah Opia, for the director, Information and Public Relations in the ministry.

The agreement, signed in Abuja, on Tuesday 28th October, 2025 will see Stellar Steel invest $400 million in the construction of a modern Steel Plant in Ewekoro, Ogun State. The project will be developed in three phases, with the first phase expected to begin production by 2026.

The Minister of Steel Development Prince Shuaibu Abubakar Audu signed the agreement when he hosted Mr Li, President of Inner Galaxy Group and other members of the Stellar Steel Company Limited in the Ministry’s Headquarters in Abuja.

According to Prince Audu, the collaboration aligns with the federal government’s goal of achieving 10 million tonnes of crude steel production per annum by 2030, a major step toward industrial self-reliance and economic diversification.

The minister further stated that the Federal Ministry of Steel Development would facilitate policy and infrastructure support, including inclusion of Stellar Steel’s logistics projects in the National Infrastructure Plan and access to available fiscal incentives.

Highlights of the cooperation includes the followings:

1.Development of a localised iron ore supply chain to reduce import dependence and save over $1 billion in foreign exchange annually.

  1. Creation of more than 2,000 direct and 20,000 indirect jobs across the steel value chain.
  2. Promotion of green steel production using clean and energy-efficient technologies.
  3. Strengthening of Nigeria’s position as a regional steel manufacturing hub in West Africa.

Audi also said that in return, Stellar Steel would prioritise local recruitment and training, partnering with Nigerian universities to build technical and managerial expertise in steel production.

Prince Shuaibu emphasised that this strategic cooperation marks a new era for Nigeria’s steel industry and demonstrates the government’s commitment to sustainable industrial growth and economic transformation.

In his remarks the leader of the delegation, Mr Li assured the minister that Stellar Steel would respect all agreements reached and would ensure the completion of the project in record time and assured that all safety standards will be observed.

Mr Li was accompanied during the visit by Mr You Xiastian, Vice Chairman of RSIN Group, Mr Jackie Den, Vice President of Inner Galaxy Group and Mr Yin, Director of RSIN Group.

He recalled that the Minister of Steel Development, Prince Audu, performed the groundbreaking ceremony of the Steel Plant in Ogun State sometime in April, 2025.

Speaking at the signing, representatives of both parties emphasised that the partnership would strengthen Nigeria’s industrial base, create jobs, and foster technology transfer in the sector.

Continue Reading

Economy

EU Delegation Strengthens Ties with Nigerian Senate

Published

on

From Hassan Taiye

A high-level delegation from the European Union (EU) Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee, led by Mr. David McAllister, paid a courtesy visit to the Nigerian Senate today October 28, 2025.

“We are here to deepen our understanding of the situation in West Africa and strengthen our partnership with Nigeria,” McAllister said.

Senate President Godswill Akpabio welcomed the delegation, emphasizing Nigeria’s strategic partnership with the EU. “Nigeria is committed to strengthening ties with the EU, highlighting areas of mutual interest, including security, trade, and governance,” Akpabio said.

The delegation, comprising Ambassador Greta Mylott, EU Ambassador to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Miss Zelaya Zorko, Miss Mata Tamido, Sebastian Tankman, General Christophe Gomart, and Sebastian Buharo, is undertaking a comprehensive tour of West Africa, with stops in Nigeria and Ghana.

During the visit, Akpabio shed light on the challenges facing female representation in Nigeria’s parliament. “Women often vote for male candidates, making it difficult for female candidates to win elections,” he noted.

“The Senate is exploring innovative solutions, including constitutional amendments, to boost female participation in the legislative process, with support from organizations like the Black Women’s Forum.”

The EU delegation’s visit aims to foster greater understanding and cooperation between the EU and Nigeria, addressing shared concerns, such as terrorism, climate change, and economic development.

“The EU is committed to supporting Nigeria’s development efforts,” McAllister assured the Senate, emphasizing the bloc’s interest in seeing a stable, prosperous, and democratic Nigeria.

Their visit also includes participation in the forthcoming International Islamic Conference on Security and Governance in West Africa and the Sahel, scheduled for November 4-6, 2025 at ECOWAS Commission.

Akpabio expressed optimism about the potential for enhanced cooperation, highlighting Nigeria’s readiness to work with the EU to address common challenges.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.