Connect with us

Entertainment

DeeOne Criticises Yinka Alaseyori Over Apology for Insecurity Remarks

Published

on

Reality TV personality and comedian Aderombi Adedayo Martin has criticised gospel singer Yinka Alaseyori for apologising over comments she made regarding insecurity in Nigeria.

Alaseyori had come under criticism after stating during a live prayer session that the Nigerian government was making efforts to address insecurity and urging Nigerians to pray for President Bola Tinubu and security agencies.

Her comments were made amid public concern over the abduction of schoolchildren and teachers in Oyo State.

Following the backlash, the gospel singer released a video on Wednesday apologising to Nigerians for her remarks.

Reacting to the apology, DeeOne expressed disappointment, arguing that the singer should not have withdrawn her comments because of public criticism.

According to him, Alaseyori’s original remarks were made while she was spiritually inspired, and he believed she apologised due to pressure from critics.

“Mrs Yinka Alaseyori, first of all, I want to thank you and thank God for your ministry. God has used you a lot, but what you did today, please don’t ever try it again,” he said in a video shared online.

DeeOne maintained that Alaseyori’s message encouraging prayer was not wrong and suggested that she should have sought spiritual guidance before issuing a public apology.

He claimed the singer may have been influenced by concerns about public perception and future invitations to events.

“Is what you said wrong? No, but pressure made you apologise. You chose to displease God to please men,” he said.

The comedian further advised the singer to remain steadfast in her convictions despite criticism, adding that public opinion should not dictate the actions of a minister of the gospel.

The exchange has generated mixed reactions on social media, with some users supporting Alaseyori’s decision to apologise while others agreed with DeeOne’s position that she should have stood by her original remarks.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Toke Makinwa Finally Reveals Daughter’s Face

Published

on

Media personality Toke Makinwa has officially unveiled her daughter, Yakira, to the public as the child marked her first birthday.

Makinwa shared photos of Yakira on her official social media page, giving the public its first look at her daughter since her birth.

The revelation comes days after the media personality spoke about motherhood and joked that people should now “chat with her differently” because she had become a mother.

In a video shared ahead of Yakira’s birthday, Makinwa revealed that she planned to fly her daughter to London for a lavish first birthday celebration.

“Y’all need to chat with me differently now. I’m the mother of a one-year-old. I’m flying her to London for her birthday party,” she said.

The media personality also expressed gratitude to God for the journey into motherhood, saying she was blessed with a healthy daughter and that her prayers during pregnancy had been answered.

Yakira’s first birthday celebration marks the first time Makinwa has publicly shown her daughter’s face, bringing an end to the period of privacy surrounding the child.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Okoye Family Feud: Hear Both Sides Before Judging, VeryDarkMan Tells Nigerians

Published

on

Controversial social media critic Martins Vincent Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, has urged Nigerians to hear from all parties involved before reaching conclusions on the ongoing dispute between music star Peter Okoye and his elder brother, Jude Okoye.

VDM made the call during a live session shared online, arguing that many Nigerians were allowing emotions to influence their opinions by supporting Peter without first hearing the accounts of Paul and Jude.

“Nigerians are so emotional. This is why Mohbad will never get justice. Everybody is supporting Peter, but they have yet to hear from Paul and Jude,” he said.

The social media critic maintained that the public should not rely solely on one side of the story when assessing the allegations surrounding the Okoye family dispute.

He urged Nigerians to allow all the parties involved to present their sides before forming opinions or passing judgment.

His comments have generated mixed reactions on social media, with some users agreeing that everyone involved deserves an opportunity to be heard, while others maintained that Peter’s allegations should be given serious consideration.

VDM’s remarks come amid renewed public interest in the long-running dispute within the Okoye family following the release of Mr P’s latest revelations in the ongoing series.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

P-Square: Former Square Records Signee May D Reacts to Okoye Family Dispute

Published

on

Nigerian singer May D, a former artiste signed to P-Square’s Square Records, has reacted to the renewed controversy involving twin brothers Peter and Paul Okoye and their elder brother, Jude Okoye.

The singer hinted that he may soon reveal his own experience with the Okoye family amid the ongoing dispute between the brothers.

The controversy dates back to 2017, when P-Square split following disagreements involving Peter, Paul and their elder brother Jude, who managed the group’s record label.

Peter subsequently pursued a solo career under the name Mr P, while Paul adopted the stage name Rudeboy.

The brothers reunited in November 2021 but parted ways again in 2024 following renewed disagreements and legal disputes.

The latest controversy intensified after Peter made allegations against Paul and Jude, including claims concerning the handling of the group’s royalties.

The allegations have triggered widespread reactions from Nigerians and celebrities, with some publicly expressing support for Peter.

Amid the renewed attention on the Okoye family, May D took to his Instagram Story on Friday to announce that he would share his own account of events involving the family.

“Mr May D Part 1 coming soon,” he wrote, accompanied by a laughing emoji.

May D was signed to Square Records in 2011 but left the label in 2012 after the company cited irreconcilable differences.

His planned revelation is expected to shed more light on his experience during his time with the record label as public interest in the Okoye family dispute continues to grow.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.