Uncategorized
Billy Osawaru, Other Rep Members Accused of Corruption, Risk Recall Over Support for Alleged Oil Sector Fraud
Some members of the House of Representatives led by Hon. Billy Osawaru have been threatened with recalls over their perceived support for the corruption regime in the country’s oil and gas sector.
The Save Nigeria Proactive Coalition (SNPC) which made this known in a press statement on Friday also accused Osawaru and others of receiving over $10 million as kickbacks to support the nation’s oil regulatory agencies.
This comes after the House of Representatives called for the investigation of the international oil companies (IOCs) in Nigeria for allegedly conspiring to frustrate the survival of Dangote Oil Refinery and Petrochemicals.
The House had also demanded the sack of Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) boss Farouk Ahmed with Mele Kyari of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPCL) Limited coming under serious pressure.
In a statement co-signed by its National President and Secretary General Arome James Otairu And Bilikus Adamu, the Save Nigeria Proactive Coalition described Osawaru and his colleagues as “dishonourable members of the National Assembly who are masquerading as agents of the people, but their actions betray their true allegiance to corruption and mismanagement.”
The group, therefore, dared Osawaru’s other “faceless” lawmakers to publish their full identities and constituencies within the next 24 hours and see if their constituents would not recall them.
Additionally, the Coalition said it would not hesitate to mobilise Nigerians against Osawaru and his cohorts in Abuja, Lagos, and Kaduna to force them to resign after Kyari and Ahmed had been shown the way out.
“We are outraged and disappointed by the actions of some so-called 50 lawmakers who rallied support for Mele Kyari and Farouk Ahmed, despite their glaring failures and incompetence in managing the oil industry,” the statement said.
“These dishonourable members of the National Assembly are masquerading as agents of people, but their actions betray their true allegiance to corruption and mismanagement.
“Their attempt to shield Kyari and Farouq from accountability is a clear indication of their complicity in the massive failure, corruption, and mismanagement that has characterised the oil industry under their watch.
“It is unacceptable that they would prioritize the interests of these failed appointees over the welfare of Nigerians who are suffering from the consequences of their incompetence.
“We warn these lawmakers that their actions will not go unchallenged. Their constituents will not forget their betrayal, and they will be held accountable for their actions.
“We call on Nigerians to begin the process of recalling these lawmakers who have clearly demonstrated that they are not representing the interests of their constituents.
“Their threat to the investigative committee to be impartial is a clear indication of their desperation to cover up the truth.
“We demand that the committee ignores their threats and continues to uncover the truth behind the failures in the oil industry. Nigerians deserve to know the truth, and those responsible must be held accountable.
“Furthermore, we challenge these lawmakers to disclose the source of the $10 million received to run their scheme, with only 12 lawmakers invited by Hon. Billy Osawaru, who is notorious for raising nebulous groups within the new members’ caucus to attract favour from the House leadership. This is a clear case of corruption and abuse of office.
“We demand that Kyari and Farouq resign and go home, or face the wrath of Nigerians who will not hesitate to call for their removal. Their continued presence in office is an insult to the intelligence and patience of Nigerians.
“We also call on President Bola Tinubu to take immediate action to address the crisis in the oil industry. The removal of Kyari and Farouq is a necessary step towards restoring sanity and accountability in the industry.
“Furthermore, we demand that these dishonourable lawmakers publish their full identities and constituencies within the next 24 hours. We dare them to make this information public and see if Nigerians will not recall them within 21 days.
“Their constituents have the right to know their true representatives and hold them accountable. We are confident that once their identities are revealed, Nigerians will take swift action to recall them.
“Finally, we warn these lawmakers that their actions will have consequences. They will be forced to face the wrath of Nigerians who will not tolerate their antics forever.
“We will organise mass protests and rallies to demand their resignation and ensure that they are held accountable for their actions. We will not rest until they are removed from office and replaced with true representatives of the people.”
Uncategorized
Lawyer Demands Release of Detained Kano Blogger, Maryam Shehu
By Hassan Agboola
A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza Nuhu Dantani, has called for the immediate release of Kano-based blogger, Maryam Shehu, who he said has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for almost 30 days.
Dantani, in a statement on Monday, said the prolonged detention of Shehu was becoming difficult to reconcile with the rule of law and provisions of the 1999 Constitution, particularly her fundamental right to personal liberty.
He questioned why Shehu should remain in detention for nearly 30 days, particularly over an offence he described as ordinarily bailable.
“How on earth can a person be detained for almost 30 days and counting, particularly in relation to an offence that is ordinarily bailable, without meaningful consideration of her liberty and constitutional rights?” he asked.
Dantani said the EFCC’s powers to investigate did not give the commission the right to detain a suspect indefinitely, punish her before trial or disregard her fundamental rights.
He also criticised the alleged practice of photographing persons in EFCC custody and publishing their images online while they remain presumed innocent.
Citing Section 36(5) of the Constitution, Dantani said the law guarantees the presumption of innocence until a suspect is proven guilty by a competent court.
He warned that publicly portraying suspects as criminals before trial could amount to subjecting them to public punishment and humiliation.
“The EFCC is a law-enforcement institution. It must therefore be the first institution to demonstrate obedience to law. It cannot demand respect for law from citizens while appearing to disregard constitutional safeguards itself,” he said.
Dantani urged the commission to either charge Shehu before a competent court if it has credible evidence against her or release her immediately
.
“We call on EFCC to respect the Constitution, respect presumption of innocence and respect fundamental right to personal liberty. Investigation is not conviction. Detention is not punishment. And an allegation is not guilt,” he said.
Uncategorized
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment
By Fabian Apechihin
Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt message to Lionel Messi following the death of his father, Jorge Messi, has reportedly become the most-liked comment in Instagram history.
Jorge Messi died on August 7 in Rosario, Argentina, aged 68. Five days later, Messi paid tribute to his late father in an emotional Instagram post featuring a photo of the pair.
In the post, Messi wrote, “Te amo, pa” — meaning “I love you, Dad” — alongside a lengthy tribute reflecting on his father’s influence and the pain of losing him.
Among the many reactions from fans, celebrities and fellow footballers was a message from Ronaldo.
“Un abrazo enorme para ti y los tuyos en estos duros momentos, Leo. Mucha fuerza,” Ronaldo wrote, which translates to: “A huge hug to you and yours in these tough times, Leo. Much strength.”
Ronaldo’s comment reportedly attracted more than 6.86 million likes and over 86,000 comments, making it the most-liked comment on Instagram.
The previous record was also held by Ronaldo, whose comment on Kylian Mbappé’s announcement of his move to Real Madrid reportedly received more than five million likes.
Other football stars also expressed their condolences to Messi. Neymar Jr.’s message, translated as “Much strength for you and your family. Big hug,” reportedly received more than 1.6 million likes, while David Beckham’s comment expressing support for Messi and his family attracted more than 300,000 likes.
In his tribute, Messi described his father’s death as difficult to comprehend, saying he struggled to accept that he would no longer see or speak with him.
Messi also recalled how his father had encouraged him to play at the 2026 World Cup despite his deteriorating health. He said his father had hoped to watch him compete and had planned to travel if his condition improved.
According to Messi, he had promised his father that Argentina would reach the final so he could be there. Although Argentina reached the final, his father was unable to attend.
Reflecting on the loss, Messi said he had wanted to win the tournament and bring the trophy to his father but ultimately struggled physically during the competition.
The emotional tribute highlighted the close bond between Messi and his father and the profound impact of his loss on the football superstar.
Uncategorized
Why Did Senate President, Edo Governor Come to Osun to Monitor Election? – Analyst
By Fabian Apechihin
Aliu Mohammed, Chief Executive Officer of Magnate Communication and Public Affairs Analyst, has questioned the decision of Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo to travel to Osun State to monitor the governorship election.
Mohammed raised the question while discussing political developments surrounding the election during an interview with Vanguard News TV on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.
The public affairs analyst wondered why senior political figures, including the Senate President and a governor from another state, would personally travel to Osun to monitor the election when the All Progressives Congress (APC) already had party officials on the ground to represent its interests.
“Why would people at the level of Senate President, the Governor of Edo State, come to Osun State to monitor an election when you have your party officials there?” Mohammed asked.
His comments came amid discussions about the involvement of senior APC figures in the Osun governorship election. Their presence in the state attracted attention as political parties and their supporters monitored the voting process and awaited the outcome.
Mohammed questioned the necessity of having the Senate President and the Edo State Governor physically present in Osun to observe the electoral process.
He argued that party officials ordinarily have the responsibility of monitoring elections and representing their parties at polling locations and other relevant stages of the process.
-
Uncategorized6 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines11 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News12 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology5 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
