Uncategorized
Kwara 2027: APC Stakeholders Insist On Rep Slot For Moro LGA
” Affirm Party Primary Was Won Landslide By Moro Indigene
Stephen Olufemi Oni, Ilorin
The people of Moro local government area of Kwara State, under the auspices of the All Progressive Congress (APC), have called for an urgent review of the results of the party’s primary election for the House of Representatives which, according to them, was won by an indigene of Moro with over 20,400 votes.
They alleged that the name of the person announced as the winner of the primary election by the leadership of the party came a distant eight position.
They further alleged that the people of the Moro local government had for long suffered marginalization in zoning arrangement of elective offices and political appointments, cautioning that the recent House of Representatives’ primary election of the party should not add to the plights of the people of the local government.
Addressing a world press conference on Wednesday at the APC Kwara North Senatorial Office in Oyun, Moro local government area, the spokesman of the group, Alhaji Mustapha Kabir (Waziri Malete), urged the party’s leadership to reverse what he described as an injustice by restoring the House of Representatives mandate won by a Moro aspirant during the party’s primary election.
The text of the press conference was jointly signed by Mustapha Kabir, (Omo Nma), former chairman of Moro local government, Alhaji Tunde Yusuf, former Special Adviser to the governor, Hajia Aisat Issa, former Supervisor, Elder James Ajao; and former member of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. Emmanuel Bello.
Kabor lamented that within the Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency, Edu and Patigi had produced members of the House of Representatives for 16 and 12 years respectively since 1999, while Moro had been excluded throughout the period.
He added that Moro remained the only local government in Kwara North Senatorial District that had never produced a senator since Nigeria’s return to democratic rule in 1999, despite its contributions to the political development of the district.
He ccontended that by 2027, Kaiama, Baruten and Edu local governments would each have produced senators for eight years, while Patigi would have occupied the seat for four years.
According to him, Moro has also not produced the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, a minister or a federal board chairman whenever such positions were allocated to their senatorial district.
He expressed disappointment over the outcome of the APC House of Representatives primary election, claiming that a Moro aspirant who secured over 20,400 votes emerged victorious in the exercise monitored by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), but was allegedly replaced with another aspirant from Edu local government who scored 157 votes and was eventually declared the party’s candidate for the 2027 general election.
He argued that the emergence of the APC senatorial candidate from Patigi local government, alongside the House of Representatives candidate from Edu, had effectively extinguished Moro’s chances of producing either a senator or a member of the House of Representatives in the next electoral cycle.
Kabir said the development had left the people of Moro feeling betrayed, despite what it described as their unwavering loyalty to the APC and support for the Kwara North political agenda.
“We are not asking for charity. We are demanding fairness, equity, justice and recognition. Moro should no longer be treated as a second-class participant in the political affairs of Kwara north,” he said.
He lamented that some aspirants from Moro resigned from the civil service in compliance with electoral regulations and contested the primary election in good faith, only to lose what they described as a mandate they had legitimately earned.
Warning that the continued exclusion of Moro could deepen political alienation and underdevelopment in the local government, he appealed to the APC leadership at both the state and national levels to address what it called an anomaly by recognising Moro’s electoral victory in the House of Representatives primary.
Kabir also urged the sons and daughters of Moro to remain peaceful while collectively demanding equitable representation, insisting that justice should not be sacrificed for political expediency.
Uncategorized
Lawyer Demands Release of Detained Kano Blogger, Maryam Shehu
By Hassan Agboola
A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza Nuhu Dantani, has called for the immediate release of Kano-based blogger, Maryam Shehu, who he said has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for almost 30 days.
Dantani, in a statement on Monday, said the prolonged detention of Shehu was becoming difficult to reconcile with the rule of law and provisions of the 1999 Constitution, particularly her fundamental right to personal liberty.
He questioned why Shehu should remain in detention for nearly 30 days, particularly over an offence he described as ordinarily bailable.
“How on earth can a person be detained for almost 30 days and counting, particularly in relation to an offence that is ordinarily bailable, without meaningful consideration of her liberty and constitutional rights?” he asked.
Dantani said the EFCC’s powers to investigate did not give the commission the right to detain a suspect indefinitely, punish her before trial or disregard her fundamental rights.
He also criticised the alleged practice of photographing persons in EFCC custody and publishing their images online while they remain presumed innocent.
Citing Section 36(5) of the Constitution, Dantani said the law guarantees the presumption of innocence until a suspect is proven guilty by a competent court.
He warned that publicly portraying suspects as criminals before trial could amount to subjecting them to public punishment and humiliation.
“The EFCC is a law-enforcement institution. It must therefore be the first institution to demonstrate obedience to law. It cannot demand respect for law from citizens while appearing to disregard constitutional safeguards itself,” he said.
Dantani urged the commission to either charge Shehu before a competent court if it has credible evidence against her or release her immediately
.
“We call on EFCC to respect the Constitution, respect presumption of innocence and respect fundamental right to personal liberty. Investigation is not conviction. Detention is not punishment. And an allegation is not guilt,” he said.
Uncategorized
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment
By Fabian Apechihin
Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt message to Lionel Messi following the death of his father, Jorge Messi, has reportedly become the most-liked comment in Instagram history.
Jorge Messi died on August 7 in Rosario, Argentina, aged 68. Five days later, Messi paid tribute to his late father in an emotional Instagram post featuring a photo of the pair.
In the post, Messi wrote, “Te amo, pa” — meaning “I love you, Dad” — alongside a lengthy tribute reflecting on his father’s influence and the pain of losing him.
Among the many reactions from fans, celebrities and fellow footballers was a message from Ronaldo.
“Un abrazo enorme para ti y los tuyos en estos duros momentos, Leo. Mucha fuerza,” Ronaldo wrote, which translates to: “A huge hug to you and yours in these tough times, Leo. Much strength.”
Ronaldo’s comment reportedly attracted more than 6.86 million likes and over 86,000 comments, making it the most-liked comment on Instagram.
The previous record was also held by Ronaldo, whose comment on Kylian Mbappé’s announcement of his move to Real Madrid reportedly received more than five million likes.
Other football stars also expressed their condolences to Messi. Neymar Jr.’s message, translated as “Much strength for you and your family. Big hug,” reportedly received more than 1.6 million likes, while David Beckham’s comment expressing support for Messi and his family attracted more than 300,000 likes.
In his tribute, Messi described his father’s death as difficult to comprehend, saying he struggled to accept that he would no longer see or speak with him.
Messi also recalled how his father had encouraged him to play at the 2026 World Cup despite his deteriorating health. He said his father had hoped to watch him compete and had planned to travel if his condition improved.
According to Messi, he had promised his father that Argentina would reach the final so he could be there. Although Argentina reached the final, his father was unable to attend.
Reflecting on the loss, Messi said he had wanted to win the tournament and bring the trophy to his father but ultimately struggled physically during the competition.
The emotional tribute highlighted the close bond between Messi and his father and the profound impact of his loss on the football superstar.
Uncategorized
Why Did Senate President, Edo Governor Come to Osun to Monitor Election? – Analyst
By Fabian Apechihin
Aliu Mohammed, Chief Executive Officer of Magnate Communication and Public Affairs Analyst, has questioned the decision of Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo to travel to Osun State to monitor the governorship election.
Mohammed raised the question while discussing political developments surrounding the election during an interview with Vanguard News TV on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.
The public affairs analyst wondered why senior political figures, including the Senate President and a governor from another state, would personally travel to Osun to monitor the election when the All Progressives Congress (APC) already had party officials on the ground to represent its interests.
“Why would people at the level of Senate President, the Governor of Edo State, come to Osun State to monitor an election when you have your party officials there?” Mohammed asked.
His comments came amid discussions about the involvement of senior APC figures in the Osun governorship election. Their presence in the state attracted attention as political parties and their supporters monitored the voting process and awaited the outcome.
Mohammed questioned the necessity of having the Senate President and the Edo State Governor physically present in Osun to observe the electoral process.
He argued that party officials ordinarily have the responsibility of monitoring elections and representing their parties at polling locations and other relevant stages of the process.
-
Uncategorized6 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines11 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News12 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology5 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
