Connect with us

Uncategorized

Kwara: NSCDC nabs man for alleged sexual abuse of teenage daughter

Published

on

Stephen Olufemi Oni, Ilorin

The Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has arrested a 40-year-old man, AbdulRauf Ambali, over allegations bordering on incest, sexual abuse of his 14-year-old biological daughter, and alleged procurement of abortion.

The Command said the suspect was arrested in Alapa, Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State, following credible information from members of the public, before the case was formally reported at the Alapa Divisional Office on June 16, 2026 and later transferred to the Gender Unit for detailed investigation.

According to the NSCDC, the case took a surprising twist as the suspect himself initially reported that his teenage daughter had been missing for about three weeks.

“Upon receipt of the report, our operatives immediately swung into action and commenced investigation,” the Command stated.

However, during investigation, officers traced the girl and interviewed her, after which she reportedly disclosed that she ran away from home due to prolonged sexual abuse allegedly perpetrated by her father.

The Corps explained that the victim said she had lived with her grandmother from childhood until December 2025, when she was taken to live with her father under the guise of being properly cared for. She alleged that shortly after moving in with him, he began subjecting her to repeated sexual assault.

The girl further alleged that she was often threatened, beaten, and warned not to resist or disclose the abuse to anyone.

“She stated that she had no choice but to leave home after she could no longer endure the situation,” the Command added.

Investigators also disclosed that the victim alleged she became pregnant in May 2026 as a result of the abuse. She reportedly said the suspect took her to a private facility where the pregnancy was confirmed, and arrangements were later made to terminate it. She also alleged she was advised not to speak to anyone and to consider family planning methods afterwards.

In the course of interrogation, the suspect was said to have admitted to having unlawful sexual relations with the minor.

Reacting to the development, the Kwara State Commandant condemned the alleged act, describing it as “a deeply disturbing betrayal of parental responsibility and a gross violation of the rights and dignity of a child.”

He reiterated the Corps’ commitment to protecting vulnerable persons in society, stressing that the NSCDC would continue to intensify efforts against gender-based violence and child abuse across the state.

“We will not relent in the fight against all forms of abuse, exploitation, and violence against women and children,” he said, adding that the Corps will ensure diligent investigation and prosecution of offenders.

He also urged residents to continue reporting cases of abuse and criminal activity, assuring that all information would be treated with confidentiality and professionalism.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Lawyer Demands Release of Detained Kano Blogger, Maryam Shehu

Published

on

By Hassan Agboola

A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza Nuhu Dantani, has called for the immediate release of Kano-based blogger, Maryam Shehu, who he said has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for almost 30 days.

Dantani, in a statement on Monday, said the prolonged detention of Shehu was becoming difficult to reconcile with the rule of law and provisions of the 1999 Constitution, particularly her fundamental right to personal liberty.
He questioned why Shehu should remain in detention for nearly 30 days, particularly over an offence he described as ordinarily bailable.

“How on earth can a person be detained for almost 30 days and counting, particularly in relation to an offence that is ordinarily bailable, without meaningful consideration of her liberty and constitutional rights?” he asked.
Dantani said the EFCC’s powers to investigate did not give the commission the right to detain a suspect indefinitely, punish her before trial or disregard her fundamental rights.

He also criticised the alleged practice of photographing persons in EFCC custody and publishing their images online while they remain presumed innocent.
Citing Section 36(5) of the Constitution, Dantani said the law guarantees the presumption of innocence until a suspect is proven guilty by a competent court.

He warned that publicly portraying suspects as criminals before trial could amount to subjecting them to public punishment and humiliation.
“The EFCC is a law-enforcement institution. It must therefore be the first institution to demonstrate obedience to law. It cannot demand respect for law from citizens while appearing to disregard constitutional safeguards itself,” he said.

Dantani urged the commission to either charge Shehu before a competent court if it has credible evidence against her or release her immediately
.
“We call on EFCC to respect the Constitution, respect presumption of innocence and respect fundamental right to personal liberty. Investigation is not conviction. Detention is not punishment. And an allegation is not guilt,” he said.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment

Published

on

By Fabian Apechihin

Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt message to Lionel Messi following the death of his father, Jorge Messi, has reportedly become the most-liked comment in Instagram history.

Jorge Messi died on August 7 in Rosario, Argentina, aged 68. Five days later, Messi paid tribute to his late father in an emotional Instagram post featuring a photo of the pair.

In the post, Messi wrote, “Te amo, pa” — meaning “I love you, Dad” — alongside a lengthy tribute reflecting on his father’s influence and the pain of losing him.

Among the many reactions from fans, celebrities and fellow footballers was a message from Ronaldo.

“Un abrazo enorme para ti y los tuyos en estos duros momentos, Leo. Mucha fuerza,” Ronaldo wrote, which translates to: “A huge hug to you and yours in these tough times, Leo. Much strength.”

Ronaldo’s comment reportedly attracted more than 6.86 million likes and over 86,000 comments, making it the most-liked comment on Instagram.

The previous record was also held by Ronaldo, whose comment on Kylian Mbappé’s announcement of his move to Real Madrid reportedly received more than five million likes.

Other football stars also expressed their condolences to Messi. Neymar Jr.’s message, translated as “Much strength for you and your family. Big hug,” reportedly received more than 1.6 million likes, while David Beckham’s comment expressing support for Messi and his family attracted more than 300,000 likes.

In his tribute, Messi described his father’s death as difficult to comprehend, saying he struggled to accept that he would no longer see or speak with him.

Messi also recalled how his father had encouraged him to play at the 2026 World Cup despite his deteriorating health. He said his father had hoped to watch him compete and had planned to travel if his condition improved.

According to Messi, he had promised his father that Argentina would reach the final so he could be there. Although Argentina reached the final, his father was unable to attend.

Reflecting on the loss, Messi said he had wanted to win the tournament and bring the trophy to his father but ultimately struggled physically during the competition.

The emotional tribute highlighted the close bond between Messi and his father and the profound impact of his loss on the football superstar.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Why Did Senate President, Edo Governor Come to Osun to Monitor Election? – Analyst

Published

on

By Fabian Apechihin

Aliu Mohammed, Chief Executive Officer of Magnate Communication and Public Affairs Analyst, has questioned the decision of Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo to travel to Osun State to monitor the governorship election.

Mohammed raised the question while discussing political developments surrounding the election during an interview with Vanguard News TV on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.

The public affairs analyst wondered why senior political figures, including the Senate President and a governor from another state, would personally travel to Osun to monitor the election when the All Progressives Congress (APC) already had party officials on the ground to represent its interests.

“Why would people at the level of Senate President, the Governor of Edo State, come to Osun State to monitor an election when you have your party officials there?” Mohammed asked.

His comments came amid discussions about the involvement of senior APC figures in the Osun governorship election. Their presence in the state attracted attention as political parties and their supporters monitored the voting process and awaited the outcome.

Mohammed questioned the necessity of having the Senate President and the Edo State Governor physically present in Osun to observe the electoral process.

He argued that party officials ordinarily have the responsibility of monitoring elections and representing their parties at polling locations and other relevant stages of the process.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.