Connect with us

Uncategorized

Malami takes out Kebbi State Govt over performance.

Published

on

☆☆☆Alleges empty propaganda and grandstanding.

Governorship hopeful of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, and former Attorney General and Min8ster of Justice, of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, has described the response by the Kebbi state Government to his recent declaration
seeking to contest the 2027 governorship election under the platform of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) , as deficient and hollow.
In faulting a press statenent by the governor”s spokesman, Abdullahi Idris Zuru as ad hominem attacks, unsubstantiated allegations, and a list of unverified achievements, Malami said the government
failed to refute any of the figures he earlier cited.
For rxsmple, the Government’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity did not contest his earlier claims about a 67.6% of children aged 6–15 out of school, neither did he controvert the net school attendance rate of just 38%, which is among the lowest in Nigeria.
A press statement by Malami media aide, Mohammed Bello Doka, stated that, over 88% of children in Kebbi state live in multidimensional poverty, lacking access to education, clean water, nutrition, and healthcare, quoting UNICEF data.
He also called out the spokesman of the Kebbi state governor for failing to defend the 608 severely malnourished child deaths between January and September 2025, which source was attributed to the Kebbi State Nutrition Office.
The embatled former Minister of Justice equally faulted the government over his earlier claims that, 81.5% malaria prevalence among children under five and 71% of pregnant women in rural areas of Kebbi state are without antenatal care.
Even as he took out Zuru over persistent insecurity, including bandit attacks and kidnappings between 2021 and 2025 that claimed numerous lives, including the abduction of the Deputy Speaker of the Kebbi State House of Assembly.

Kebbi state government had earlier accused Malami and the late former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration of mismanagement, even when according to him, the Buhari administration maintained fuel subsidies, electricity subsidies, a managed Naira exchange rate, and kept inflation in check
He described Buharis policy choices as that which protected citizens from severe economic shocks.

The Governorship aspirant went ahead to assert that, the Kebbi state government got over One Trillion Naira in the last three years, and has Zero Excuses over his claims.

“The Kebbi State Government has received substantial resources over the past three years. Federal allocations increased significantly following subsidy removal, with monthly FAAC disbursements rising from N760 billion in 2023 to over N3 trillion subsequently. Kebbi State, including statutory allocations, local government funds, internally generated revenue (IGR), loans, and grants, has received in excess of One Trillion Naira during this period”, Malami noted
Accordinh to him, the 2025 budget alone projects N235.2 billion from statutory allocations and N25.9 billion from IGR, in Kebbi state.

While restating his resolve to replace the incumbent governor. Next year, Abubakar Malami said, “I remain focused on the real issues. My declaration on May 9, 2026, centres on restoring security, rebuilding public education, strengthening healthcare delivery, reviving agriculture, creating opportunities for young people, and restoring dignity to governance. I have no personal agenda beyond service”.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Rights Activist Urges Tinubu, APC to Release El-Rufai

Published

on

By Hassan Agboola

A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza N. Dantani, has called on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to immediately and unconditionally release former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.
Dantani, in a statement on Sunday, said there was a strong perception that El-Rufai’s continued detention was driven not only by the allegations against him but also by political considerations and fears that he could become an obstacle to the APC’s victory in the 2027 elections.
He urged the Federal Government to desist from using intimidation, persecution or state institutions against political opponents, arguing that such measures could not guarantee electoral victory.
Dantani cited the recent governorship election in Osun State as an example, saying political pressure and rivalry did not prevent Governor Ademola Adeleke from emerging victorious.
“Look at Osun State. Despite the political rivalry, the freezing of state accounts and the enormous political pressure surrounding the election, Governor Ademola Adeleke still emerged victorious. That should tell us something: the people ultimately decide,” he said.
The activist said the number of charges filed against a political opponent, the number of courts involved or the length of detention could not guarantee electoral success.
He urged President Tinubu and the APC to demonstrate confidence in their political strength by allowing opponents to participate freely in the political process.
“If you genuinely believe in your political strength and the support of the Nigerian people, then allow your opponents to participate freely in the political process,” he said.
Dantani called for El-Rufai’s release, urging the former governor to return home and participate in the political process ahead of the 2027 general elections.
“Let him play his politics, and let the people decide in 2027,” he said.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Kwara Customs Hailed For A Clean Operational Record

Published

on

Stephen Olufemi Oni, Ilorin

The Nigeria Customs Service, Kwara Area Command, has received commendation from the Assistant Comptroller-General of Customs and Zonal Coordinator for Zone ‘B’, Nsikan Patrick Umoh, for maintaining a clean operational record and upholding professionalism in the discharge of its duties.

ACG Umoh gave the commendation during an oversight visit to the Command’s headquarters in Ilorin as part of her tour of operational commands within the zone.

Addressing officers and men of the Command, Umoh was excited that since she assumed office, her headquarters had not received any adverse report against the Kwara Area Command.

She said the record was a reflection of the discipline, integrity and professionalism demonstrated by personnel in their daily operations.

“I want to commend the leadership and personnel of the Kwara Area Command for their exemplary conduct, discipline and dedication to duty,” she said.

The Customs boss, who delivered the goodwill message of the Comptroller-General of Customs, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, MFR, urged officers to maintain high standards of professionalism both on and off duty.

She warned personnel against involvement in illicit drugs, sharp practices and other activities capable of tarnishing the image of the Service.

Umoh also called on officers to strengthen unity and teamwork, describing the Service as one family working towards a common goal. She assured them of the continued support of the zonal and Service headquarters.

Earlier, the Acting Area Controller of the Command, Deputy Comptroller Najeem Akanmu Ogundeyi, highlighted the major achievements, operational milestones and administrative successes recorded under his leadership.

The visit also featured an interactive session between the Zonal Coordinator and major trade stakeholders, including representatives of freight forwarding associations, the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), and major excise factories such as ITC and SANICA.

During the engagement, Umoh commended the existing relationship between the Command and the business community, while responding to concerns surrounding cargo clearance procedures, examination timelines and regional trade competitiveness.

The stakeholders also received clarifications on issues affecting their operations, with the Customs official assuring them of the Service’s commitment to facilitating legitimate trade.

The oversight visit ended with an inspection of the Command’s administrative offices, warehouse and residential barracks.

Umoh expressed satisfaction with the level of orderliness, environmental cleanliness and discipline observed across the facilities.

The Command said the visit further reinforced its commitment to professionalism, trade facilitation and effective service delivery in Kwara State.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

OUR LAND IS NOT FOR SALE, CATHOLIC PRIESTS TELL FG

Published

on

By our Correspondent

The Nigeria Catholic Diocesan Priests Association (NCDPA), Makurdi Diocese, has strongly rejected the decision of the Federal Government to include Benue State in the pilot implementation of its National Ranching Policy.

The association said it was particularly concerned that Benue State, which it described as an already bleeding and targeted state, was included in the policy, which is initially kicking off at the Wase Grazing Reserve in Plateau State.
In a statement signed by its Chairman, Rev. Fr. Joseph Terfa Beba, the NCDPA expressed concern over what it described as the apparent exclusion of the Benue State Government from the decision-making and approval process.
The association said had the elected leadership of Benue State been genuinely consulted, it believed the state government would not have consented to any arrangement capable of undermining the rights, dignity, security and ancestral heritage of its people.
“We cannot accept a policy imposed upon a people whose communities have suffered killings, displacement, destruction and prolonged insecurity,” the association said.
It warned that ranching must not become a disguised instrument for land grabbing, forced occupation or the permanent displacement of indigenous communities.
The priests also cited the position of the Catholic Bishop of Makurdi Diocese, Bishop Wilfred Chikpa Anagbe, CMF, saying he had “consistently and courageously spoken against this injustice, culpable silence and every agenda that threatens the ancestral lands of our people.”
The association called on the Federal Government to respect the constitutional rights of the people of Benue State and engage the state government, traditional rulers and community leaders transparently before proceeding with the policy.
It also urged the government to ensure that displaced persons are enabled to return safely and take possession of their ancestral lands before any discussions concerning already existing designated ranching structures in parts of the state and the country.
The NCDPA maintained that Benue was predominantly an agrarian state and not a pastoralist society, arguing that ranching was therefore not viable in the state.
“Ranching in Benue State is therefore NOT VIABLE, and WE REJECT THIS PROJECT IDEA WITH ALL LEGAL AND SPIRITUAL RESOURCES,” the priests declared.
The association said there was no land in Benue for commercial ranching, stressing that ancestral homes should not be treated as bargaining chips.
“Our land is not for sale and has never been on sale. There is no land in Benue State for commercial ranching. Our ancestral homes are not bargaining chips.
“Our people must return home. Benue must not be enslaved through policy. There will be no surrender of our ancestral heritage in whatever form or guise being proposed or presented,” it said.
The association urged the Federal Government to address the concerns of Benue communities and prioritise the safe return of displaced persons before implementing any ranching arrangement in the state.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.