Connect with us

News

Pipeline Contract: Agitated Oil Thieves, Collaborators Fueling Mediy Attack On Tompolo – IPL

Published

on

•••Says FG Has Acted In The Public Interest

The Ijaw Patriotic League (IPL) has declared support for the Federal Government not to revoke the oil pipeline protection contract awarded to a company in which High Chief Ekpemupolo Tompolo has interest.

The National Coordinator of the IPL, Jasper Eritei described the decision of the Federal Government to engage a former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to assist in securing the nation’s outrageously violated pipelines as well thought out and in the public good.

The group noted that it is the responsibility of government to make critical decisions to ensure that the overall interest of the society is protected.

The National Coordinator said in a statement on Friday that the condemnation and protests that have followed the award of the contract to the particular company should alert the Federal Government and indeed the NNPC that the right decision has been made to prevent oil theft in the Niger Delta.

The theft of the nation’s oil resources, according to Eritei, has assumed a startling dimension at a time government is borrowing to run the country and should be rightly tackled just as the Government is doing.

He stressed that the massively wealthy criminals running the multibillion Naira oil theft rings will go through proxies to prevent any serious solution.

He stated further that the attacks on the contract should not surprise the government as oil thieves who have deployed billions of oil Naira on tankers and personnel, to criminally plunder the country’s oil resources will not back off without a fight.

He noted that the orchestrated blackmail is just the first show of desperation by the this deadly oil cabal.

He stressed that with Tompolo’s track record in NIMASS where a company in which he had interest secured the water ways, the People behind the massive sabotage of the Nigerian economy will not be comfortable.

The group wondered why out of five firms that were engaged, only the one by this particular firm is generating condemnation?

He stressed further that the same pipeline protection contract had been handled by firms belonging to a traditional ruler in Delta and his late in-law from Edo State with no protest from any where.

The group noted that in spite of the fact that both companies operated in the Niger Delta, Chief Tompolo neither complained nor interfered in their operations.

The statement commended the position of the NNPC that it has no regrets engaging former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, Government Ekpemupolo, otherwise known as Tompolo, to guard its oil pipeline network.

He said the decision to engage private contractors to fight the menace of oil theft and pipeline vandalism cannot be faulted, and engaging a firm in which Tompolo has interest cannot make it bad.

“We have watched with surprise and indeed consternation the attacks, deliberately put together to blackmail the Federal Government to cancel the pipeline surveillance and protection contract awarded to a firm in which Tompolo has interest.

We believe that the Federal Government and indeed the NNPC have acted positively to promote the common good by embarking on this deliberate master stroke of a step to counter the mind boggling theft of the nation’s disappearing resources.

Logically, those feeding fat on odious money from stolen crude resources will not welcome the Government’s action without a fight. It is expected that they will commit huge resources to sabotage it.

It is on this basis that we call on the Federal Government and the NNPC to be resolute and dismiss this call for cancellation of the contract awarded to Tompolo.

We also commend the NNPC for insisting on doing the right thing and staying with the action in spite of the mostly sponsored attacks on the Government.

We are of the view that the contract promises to be a great leap in the right direction and the Managing Director of the NNPC is right when he declared that the corporation has no regret with the decision.

Finally we call on Tompolo to carry out his promise to reach out to various interest groups in the Niger Delta in the interest of a conducive atmosphere for the company’s critical operations.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Published

on

By

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.

According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.

Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.

Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.

Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.

*

Continue Reading

News

Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa

Published

on

By

I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.

I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.

Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.

I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.

It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.

May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.

Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.

Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.