Defence/Security
TERRORISM: TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEIR ENCLAVES- Buhari Charges Military
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Maiduguri, Borno State, said the nation owes inestimable gratitude to the military, and other security agencies currently fighting Boko Haram/ISWAP and other forms if criminality scross the country.
The President particularly paid special tribute to those who paid the supreme price, in the course if the fights, even as he assured that their families will be adequately catered for by the government promising continued support to all their loved ones.
The President, who was on official visit to personnel of the Armed Forces and security agencies in Operation HADIN KAI at the Maimalari Cantonment, in the state capital charged the military and security agencies not to give breathing space to terrorists and criminals in various parts of the country, but to take the fight to their ENCLAVES.
According to him, the war must be concluded with total restoration of peace and reconstruction of all the affected areas.
“I am delighted to be with you this afternoon, to address you on this special occasion of my official visit to Borno State. I want to seize this opportunity to put it on record that our nation will forever be indebted to you, for your patriotic commitment to the defence of our fatherland against insurgency and criminality.
“I therefore commend you and remember all the personnel who have paid the supreme sacrifice in ensuring that Nigeria remains an indivisible and secure entity.
“As I send my heartfelt condolences to the families of our fallen heroes and pray for the souls of the departed, I want to assure you that my administration will spare no effort or resources to ensure that the widows and children of our fallen heroes who paid the supreme price in defence of our beloved country, are well cared for,” he said.
The President said wounded comrades will get the best medical attention towards their full recovery.
“While acknowledging your collective efforts at decimating and degrading the terrorists and reaffirming the inviolable sovereignty of our nation, I also wish to extol your steadfastness and untiring efforts in the face of the difficulties you experience in the Theatres of Operation.
“Your collective efforts have resulted in the relative peace being enjoyed in the region today. Under my watch, the Armed Forces of Nigeria have been provided a firm strategy and clear sense of direction to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
“We should not allow our adversaries the opportunity or breathing space to challenge or undermine our national interests and core values. The defence and security agencies should rest assured of the Federal Government’s unalloyed commitment to winning the battle against terror and criminality,” he added.
President Buhari commended the military and security agencies for the synergy that translated into successes in restoring peace and order.
“I am particularly happy to note the increasing understanding and cooperation within the military, as well as the inter-agency cooperation in the fight against the terrorists and other criminal elements in the North East.
“The outcome of this synergy is evidenced by the successes recorded in the ongoing Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO which has so far degraded the insurgents’ capabilities in the Timbuktu Triangle, Sambisa Forest and the Lake Chad Region. I am therefore pleased to acknowledge that the military and other security agencies including civilian stakeholders are adhering to the true spirit of Operation HADIN KAI which implies “jointness, synergy and cooperation.”
“By pooling together the collective resources and comparative advantages of the Armed Forces and other security agencies, we hope the enemy will now feel the ferocity of our firepower and the weight of our resolve,” the President said.
Side by side with the efforts of the Armed Forces and security agencies, President Buhari assured that his administration is developing a strategy for post-war reconstruction and peace building.
“Concerted efforts are being made to fast-track reconstruction and development programmes in the affected communities in the North East.
“I am hopeful that this will lead to the speedy resettlement of displaced persons, as well as the restoration of bubbling community life as people return to their homes.
“Alongside investment in development and reconstruction, we will sustain our investment in the Armed Forces in a manner that balances the carrot and stick,” he said.
The President said several interventions by the Federal Government had led to the procurement and delivery of large consignments of critical combat enablers, including high calibre weapons and ammunition:
“Many have been injected into the Theatre and soon other equipment that have just arrived in the country would also be deployed to the Theatre of operations. Much more equipment will be procured for the Armed Forces to cater for both the short and long-term requirements.
“I would like, at this point, to also commend the hierarchy of our Armed Forces for their strategic foresight in ensuring that some of our critical military equipment are fabricated locally.”
President Buhari also noted that repairs and maintenance of some of the vital weapons were now being carried out in the country thereby saving the nation a lot of foreign exchange and also creating jobs for our teeming population.
“As personnel of our Armed Forces and security agencies, you must understand that these items of equipment must be put to good use against the terrorists and other criminal elements. There is no room for complacency, and no need to be less than 100 per cent alert at all times.
“As your Commander-in-Chief, I want to assure you that my government will continue to work towards the provision of timely funding and procurement of equipment for the Armed Forces and other security agencies. This is intended to boost the prosecution of the ongoing war to a logical conclusion and also to serve our collective interests and well-being.
“In addition, your welfare is of utmost importance and concern to this government. I am glad that the gradual rotation of the troops in the field has commenced, as I directed. I am sure that this will minimize and possibly eliminate battle fatigue, as well as enhance troops’ morale,” he added.
The President thanked the military and security agencies for unalloyed loyalty and selfless sacrifices towards the defence of our country, adding: “Your courage and gallantry will continue to inspire others, as they echo into the future.”
“While I commend your resilience, let me remind you that there is still a lot of work to be done, to completely restore peace to the North East, stem the activities of armed bandits in the North West and North Central, as well as deal with other security challenges across the country.
“You must therefore remain steadfast and see this war to a conclusive end. In doing so, you must rely on inter-agency cooperation, and strengthen your cohesion with the troops of neighbouring Republics of Cameroon, Chad and Niger in our collective fight against the terrorists, under the auspices of the Multinational Joint Task Force. This will consolidate our efforts and facilitate the speedy return of peace and stability to the region,” the President said.
He urged the military and security agencies to continue to make Nigeria proud.
President Buhari also interacted with some of the wounded soldiers assuring them that the government was fully committed to their recovery and welfare.
In his remarks, the Commander of Theatre Operations HADIN KAI, Maj Gen. Felix Omoigui, assured troops of the President’s confidence and commitment to their welfare, especially in bringing the war to a conclusive end.
The Commander thanked the President for the visit to the troops, which he said will greatly boost the morale of all those fighting to keep the country in peace.
Governors of Borno and Yobe State, Babagana Zulum and Mai Buni respectively, Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Leo Irabor, Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen Farouk Yahaya, Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, Chief of Staff, Air Vice Marshal Isiaka Amao and National Security Adviser, Maj Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd), were also at the event.
Defence/Security
Why Christians Are Being Targeted in Nigeria — Majeed Dahiru Speaks
By: Fabian Apechihin
Public affairs analyst, Majeed Dahiru, has weighed in on the reports of targeted killings of Christians in Nigeria, insisting that President Bola Tinubu cannot be accused of religious bias or complicity in the country’s security challenges.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Dahiru said President Tinubu has shown a strong commitment to national security and unity since taking office.
“President Tinubu has not, by any stretch of the imagination, been accused of religious bigotry or having sympathy for Islamist jihadist terror groups,” he stated.
According to him, the president has mobilised the armed forces and other security agencies to combat insurgency and restore stability in violence-prone regions.
Dahiru acknowledged that attacks on Christians in some parts of the country remain worrisome but maintained that there has been visible progress in the fight against terrorism and banditry.
“Absolutely not. You can criticise him for every other thing, but not for religious bias. There is no way he would sit idly as Commander-in-Chief and allow or encourage the killing of Christians,” he added.
His comments follow heightened international concern over alleged religiously motivated killings in Nigeria.
On October 31, former U.S. President Donald Trump described the situation as a “mass slaughter,” warning that Christianity faces an existential threat in Nigeria.
Trump also directed Congressman Riley Moore and House Appropriations Chairman Tom Cole to investigate the reported killings, saying:
“I am hereby making Nigeria a ‘country of particular concern.’ But that is the least of it. When Christians, or any such group, are slaughtered as is happening in Nigeria (3,100 versus 4,476 worldwide), something must be done!”
However, the Nigerian government has dismissed the claims of a “Christian genocide,” insisting that security forces are confronting all forms of criminality without ethnic or religious bias.
Defence/Security
Genocide Allegations: Group Urges Tinubu to File Treason Charges Against Nigerians Who Reported Country to Trump
By: Fabian Apechihin
The National Patriotic Elders for Peace and Harmony of Nigeria (NPEPHN) has called on President Bola Tinubu to file treasonable felony charges against Nigerians who allegedly reported cases of Christian massacres to the United States government.
In a statement issued on Friday, the group’s president, Dr. Bature AbdulAziz, condemned the actions of those he described as “unpatriotic elements”, insisting that their reports to foreign powers amounted to a betrayal of national sovereignty.
“Nigeria is a sovereign nation with adequate laws to address the concerns of its citizens,” AbdulAziz said. “Reporting the country to another nation is nothing short of treasonable felony, and those responsible must be prosecuted.”
The elders also urged Northern governors to urgently convene a regional security meeting involving religious and ethnic leaders to address the recurring violence in the region and to present verified data on casualties to counter “false narratives” being circulated internationally.
According to AbdulAziz, the silence of Northern leaders amid U.S. President Donald Trump’s threat of military intervention in Nigeria was unacceptable. He advised them to compile accurate records of attacks and present factual evidence before relevant authorities.
“The claim that over 500,000 Christians have been killed must be supported with verifiable data,” he said. “The U.S. government knows that most of the victims of insecurity in Nigeria are Muslims, not Christians.”
Citing data from various conflict-prone regions, AbdulAziz maintained that 75 percent of victims of terrorism and communal violence since 1999 have been Muslims, noting that most of the affected areas — including Kaduna, Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Borno, and Yobe — are predominantly Muslim communities.
“These are the towns and villages that have been burned, destroyed, and displaced repeatedly,” he added.
While acknowledging that parts of the North Central zone — including Benue, Plateau, Taraba, and Kwara — have a higher Christian population, AbdulAziz said most of the conflicts in those states stem from farmer-herder clashes, where both sides suffer heavy losses.
“In many cases, Muslim herders are attacked and displaced by host communities. Their families and livestock are killed, yet no one talks about those casualties,” he noted.
AbdulAziz faulted the U.S. government for allegedly accepting “false genocide claims” without conducting independent investigations.
“It is shocking that the United States would believe such fabrications despite its advanced intelligence systems. We suspect there is a hidden political motive — possibly linked to Nigeria’s stance on the Israel-Palestine issue at the United Nations, or our government’s growing alignment with France and other nations,” he alleged.
The elder statesman reminded Donald Trump of Nigeria’s historic role in promoting peace and democracy across Africa.
“Any attack on Nigeria would destabilize several African nations that depend on her strength. We therefore appeal to President Trump to reconsider his decision,” AbdulAziz stated.
The group reiterated its support for President Tinubu’s administration and urged Nigerians to unite in defending the country’s sovereignty from “external manipulation and internal sabotage.”
Defence/Security
Retired ACP Sheriff Rabiu Blasts Northern Clerics Over Hate Preaching, Almajiri Menace
By: Fabian Apechihin
A retired Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sheriff Abubakar Rabiu, has sparked nationwide debate with a hard-hitting open letter accusing some Northern Islamic clerics of fueling division and violence through incendiary sermons.
The strongly worded message, which has gone viral across WhatsApp groups, mosque forums, and security networks, condemned what Rabiu described as the “toxic preaching culture” that has poisoned the minds of Northern youths and laid the foundation for extremist movements like Boko Haram.
“Nobody has the key to Jannatul Firdausi except Allah,” Rabiu wrote. “Yet any Tom, Dick, and Harry with shallow knowledge of Islam grabs a microphone and calls our Christian brothers ‘Arna’, ‘Kafurai’, or ‘infidels destined for hell’. This is not Islam. This is madness — and this madness gave birth to Boko Haram.”
Rabiu, who once served as Chief Security Officer to former Adamawa Governor Murtala Nyako, said Nigeria’s greatest internal threats are hate preaching and the Almajiri system, which he described as a breeding ground for radicalization.
“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop. Those street children begging today are tomorrow’s recruits and foot soldiers for every terrorist group promising paradise for killing ‘infidels’,” he warned.
Turning his criticism inward, Rabiu questioned why Northern leaders were quick to blame Donald Trump for placing Nigeria on a religious freedom watchlist while ignoring the behaviors that justified it.
“Instead of shouting that Trump is Islamophobic, let’s ask ourselves why America put us on that list,” he said. “In Saudi Arabia, Qatar, or the UAE, try preaching hate from a pulpit — you’ll be arrested the same day. But here in secular Nigeria, they insult Christians from Friday to Friday and nobody stops them.”
Rabiu urged President Bola Tinubu to take decisive action by directing the National Assembly, Northern governors, and local government councils to enact and enforce laws criminalizing:
- The use of derogatory religious labels like arne or kafir
- Street begging by children under the Almajiri system
- Hate speech disguised as preaching
“Do this sincerely,” he cautioned, “and America will see that we are serious. Fail, and we invite the same war machinery that turned Afghanistan and Iraq into graveyards.”
The retired officer ended with a nostalgic appeal for unity:
“If we implement these measures, Nigeria will return to the peace we had in the 1970s — when Muslims and Christians drank from the same cup, married each other’s sisters, and buried each other’s dead.”
By Thursday evening, Rabiu’s open letter had been shared in over 40 Northern WhatsApp groups, drawing support from youth leaders and religious moderates alike.
A community leader in Kano’s Hotoro suburb said, “This is the first time a respected Muslim officer has spoken this boldly. If our governors ignore him, they are the real enemies of Islam.”
Although the Kano Hisbah Board declined to comment officially, a senior commander who spoke off record admitted, “Mallam Sheriff said what many of us whisper privately. The question is — who will bell the cat?”
As Northern Nigeria grapples with rising tension over the message, one fact remains clear: a retired police officer has drawn a bold red line against radical preaching — and the ripple effect may reshape the region’s religious discourse for years to come.
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
