PRESS RELEASE
CSO Applauds Wike’s Scorecard as FCT Minister.
A civil society organization (CSO), Arewa Coalition for Good Governance (ACGG), has commended the “genuine and tireless efforts put in by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Barr. Nyesom Wike,” in the last one year.
In a statement issued in Abuja Tuesday, signed by Mallam Bello Datijjo (Coordinator) and Comrade Kabir Mustapha, the ACGG observed that, when Wike was appointed Minister of the FCT last year, many northerners expressed fears that Wike, being a southerner, would not put in his best to develop the federal territory. “But all these fears have been put to rest, in less than year, as Barr. Wike has proven beyond doubt, that he is ready to surpass his performances as Governor of River State,” the statement noted.
Of particular interest to the group is the maintenance and sustenance of security of lives and property by the Wike administration, despite the activities of dire-hard bandits and terrorists. ACGG also lauded Barr. Wike on his efforts at initiating programmes that would enhance religious dialogue and tolerance by inhabitants of Abuja, which they further said, have brought about peaceful co-existence between original indigenes of Abuja and as well as settlers.
The Arewa Coalition also made specific mention of the Abuja Light Rail which, they said, is scheduled to be commissioned on Monday, May 27, by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The group also noted that commencement of commercial operations by the rail line within Abuja, will ease the tension and difficulties experienced daily on the roads of Abuja by workers, especially civil servants. “The perennial holdups and (in some cases, gridlocks) would be drastically reduced with the commencement of operations by this rail project,” the group noted.
ACGG said, with Wike’s performance on this project, “the Federal Government can now be trusted when it makes promises.” This, according to them, is because, the Commander-in-Chief, Bola Tinubu, had made a promise that his administration, under the Renewed Hope Agenda, would deliver the metro-line to Nigerians within one year in office.
Other achievements enumerated by the Coalition include: “the incredible road networks being carried out all over the federal capital territory; the development of the real estate sector in the territory which comes with improved standard of living of residents; accelerated construction of good road within Abuja; the contract for the renovation of the International Conference Centre (ICC), Abuja; provision of potable water, solar electrification, street lightening,” among others.
ACGG also hailed Wike for the completion of “the official residence of the Vice President (VP’s Lodge); the Outer Southern Expressway (OSEX) which commences from the Villa Roundabout To the Ring Road 1, which has four number of interchanges; and B6 and B12 Circle Roads, as well as the N20 from Northern Parkway (Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Expressway), all billed to be commissioned same day.”
On traditional institution, the Coalition said Barr. Wike had upgraded the status of new chiefs for some chiefdoms, which it named as: Karu, Kwali and Yaba within the FCT. It added, “This is part of Wike’s efforts to make sure that, the traditional institution is working in tandem with the grassroots and the FCTA.”
“Wike has planned to deploy drones by partnering with the Parliamentary Republic of Hungary around the 800 square kilometers of the Federal Capital Territory. This effort is aimed at securing inhabitants of the territory,” the Coalition observed.
ACGG also commended Wike’s efforts in convincing President Bola Tinubu administration to remove the FCT from the Treasury Single Account (TSA), which it noted, “has made FCT self-dependent.”
“Wike has also made it possible for the FCTA to have its own Civil Service Commission, a feat will make it possible for FCT Directors to become Permanent Secretaries, like their counterparts in other Federal Ministries,” the Coalition noted.
Wike’s “no nonsense” stance with his dealings with contractors, has also been acknowledged by the Coalition, which has paved way for using original materials for execution of jobs awarded and the best quality of finished projects for commissioning.
Even with all these achievements, ACGG wishes to urge Wike not to be distracted by those who do not want to see anything good in his efforts, but to rather concentrate on developing Abuja to the status of a model capital city which all Nigerians will be proud of.
ACGG also quoted a personality they referred to as “an Abuja-based philanthropist and humanitarian per excellence, Dr Emmanuel Musa of EMNAMU Foundation” who is also a resident of the city to have aptly captured the milestones of the FCT Minister, which he termed, “Wike is taking Abuja to the comity of developed capital cities in the world, for sustainable development, efforts which must be commended by all well-meaning Nigerians,” as according to him, “no FCT Minister in the annals of history has achieved such a feat in the short period of time.”
The organization quoted Dr Musa to have emphasized that Minister Wike has, “within one year, written his name in the hearts of the residents on the sands of time, that posterity will always be kind to him for putting the people first.”
“Let me also commend President Bola Tinubu for having the foresight and vision to appoint Barr. Wike as the FCT Minister. And, with Wike’s excellent performance in the FCT, it is high time politicians emulate the good works and excellent political pedigree of Barr. Wike as wherever he finds himself; or whatever he touches, becomes gold and the people are better for it,” ACGG quoted Dr. Musa as saying.
In view of the above, ACGG joins millions of well-meaning Nigerians to commend and applaud Wike’s development strides in FCT within this short spate of time. We therefore give Barr. Wike a sounding pass-mark and call for all hands, including the international community, to be on deck, to assist the FCT Administration under Barr. Wike to make Abuja a city to be proud of as well as a world tourism site of destination.
PRESS RELEASE
Coalition warns saboteurs of Dangote Refinery to desist; threatens protest
A coalition of some civil society organizations has issued a seven-day ultimatum on individuals, group or cartel still engaged in any form of campaign of calumny, blackmail, and economic sabotage against the Dangote Refinery and Nigeria’s energy independence.
This was made known in Abuja, Tuesday, in a statement issued during a press conference addressed by Ikechukwu Chukwunyere, national president of Bloggers and Vloggers, Content Creators Association in Nigeria (BAVCCA) and Husseini Abubakar, national president the Coalition of Civil Society Organisations in Nigeria (COCSON).
The groups warned the supposed perpetrators of economic sabotage to henceforth cease every form of negative propaganda, false data dissemination, and sponsorship of anti-Dangote Refinery narratives across traditional and social media as well as stop lobbying for the continuation of fuel importation and the suspension or reversal of protective policies for local refineries.
The statement reads: “If, by 12:01 am on Tuesday, 25th November 2025, you have not desisted, we will have no choice but to begin a phased naming and shaming campaign at our national summit scheduled for Saturday 22nd November, 2025. We will release names, photographs, companies, bank records where necessary, and documented evidence of individuals and entities involved no matter how highly placed.
“For those of you hiding inside government circles, know this: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has shown in words and deeds that he is a President who positively impacts the lives of Nigerians and has zero tolerance for corruption and sabotage. We have already submitted detailed petitions to the Presidency, the EFCC, the ICPC, the DSS, and the National Assembly demanding immediate investigation into this conspiracy. Those found culpable will be removed, prosecuted, and made to face the full wrath of the law.
“The National Summit will hold in Abuja on 22nd November 2025, it is designed to expose the wrath in the oil sector and why petroleum importers wants to strangulate the local refiners, it also seeks strengthen public understanding of the energy sector through data presentations, practical content creation workshops, and an interactive town hall. Its key outputs, including a digital toolkit for creators, the Energy Truth Badge, and a live fact checking app, will equip thousands of online influencers to promote accurate information. Supported by strong media partnerships and attracting over a million virtual participants, the summit aims to reshape national conversations with verified facts”.
They stated that Dangote Refinery is not Aliko Dangote’s personal property, but a national asset that Nigerians should defend with everything they have, and vowed that through their platforms, voices, protests if necessary, and votes, they would ensure that no cabal succeeds in turning back the clock on Nigeria’s progress.
They made a passionate appeal to President Tinubu to personally intervene through outright ban on fuel importation not just suspension of the 15 percent import duty, direct that only locally refined products be sold in Nigeria as long as local production exceeds demand, set up a special task force to investigate and prosecute economic saboteurs in the downstream sector.
“Fellow Nigerians, the battle for affordable fuel, stable economy, and true independence has entered its final stage. This is not Dangote’s fight alone – it is our fight. We will not relent. We will not surrender. We will win”.
They observed that as of today, the Dangote Refinery is loading and dispatching more than 104 million litres of refined petroleum products daily, over 57 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Jet fuel 20 million litres and 27 million litres of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) totaling 104 million litres of petroleum products, saying this volume exceeds Nigeria’s total national daily consumption of approximately 70–75 million litres.
According to them, “In plain language: We have more than enough locally refined fuel for every car, truck, generator, and factory in Nigeria. Fuel importation is no longer a necessity, it is now a choice. And that choice is being made only by those who profit from our collective suffering.
“Furthermore, we must address and debunk recent misleading claims, such as those from Festus Osifo, President of PENGASSAN, suggesting that the refinery’s output meets only about 40% of national needs. This is simply not true. As of November 2025, the Dangote Refinery’s production is at 100% or more of Nigeria’s requirements, rendering such assertions outdated and inaccurate”, the coalition averred.
PRESS RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE. GOVERNOR IDRIS CHARGES AIG ON SECURITY.
The Governor of Kebbi State, Comrade Governor Nasir Idris has congratulated the Commissioner of Police incharge of Communication, Muhammed Bala Labbo, promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police.
Bala Labbo, serving at the Force Headquarters, an indigene of Birnin Kebbi local government, was among the Senior Police Officers recently promoted to their next ranks by the Police Service Commission.
In a congratulatory message, Governor Nasir described the promotion as a challenge to the promising Police Officer in the course of his career in the police force.
He observed that although the promotion was made at a time the country is being confronted by serious security challenges, the Governor expressed confidence in the professional ability and capacity of the new AIG to make impact-ful contribution to the relentless efforts being made by Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration in overcoming the unfortunate situation.
He prayed for Allah’s divine guidance and blessings for the AIG in the discharge of the responsibility in view of the sensitive nature position.
While assuring the support of the Government and people of Kebbi state, Governor Nasir requested for the cooperation and support of the AIG in strengthening the state government elaborated measures towards controlling the menace of armed banditry and other criminal activities.
Signed.
Abdullahi Idris Zuru,
Special Adviser,
Communication and Strategy.
PRESS RELEASE
Gov. Idris appoints Abdullahi-Zuru as SA Communication, Strategy
Press Statement
His Excellency, the Kebbi State Governor, Comrade (Dr) Nasir Idris has approved the appointment of Alhaji Abdullahi Idris-Zuru as Special Adviser to the governor on Communication and Strategy.
Alhaji Ahmed Idris, Chief Press Secretary to Kebbi State Governor disclosed this in a statement issued to Journalists in Birnin Kebbi on Friday.
The statement said that the appointment letter was signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Yakubu Bala-Tafida.
While assuring that the appointment was purely based on merit, the statement said it expected the appointee to show total commitment, devotion, high sense of responsibility and professional capability in the discharge of his responsibility.
Abdullahi-Zuru is a seasoned journalists with requisite professional experience and competence.
The appointee started the practice of journalism in Sokoto with the defunct Concord Group of Newspapers as a State Correspondent in 1988.
He became the Chief Correspondent of the Newspapers in Katsina, Kebbi, Borno and Yobe States before he was appointed Assistant Bureau-Chief in-charge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
Abdullahi-Zuru was a News Editor in Daily Trust Newspapers before he moved to This day Newspapers and became the Regional Editor in Maiduguri.
He also served as Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Kebbi State Governor, Sen. Adamu Aliero and later at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) as Media Adviser.
Signed:
Ahmed Idris,
Chief Press Secretary to Kebbi State Governor
30/08/2024.
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
