News
First case of coronavirus confirmed in Jordan, Rome, Andorra
The first case of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been confirmed on Monday in Jordan, Rome, and Andorra, media reported.
READ ALSO:
|
“Swedish palace postpones official dinner over coronavirus” is locked
|
|---|
A Jordanian man who recently came back from Italy has tested positive for the new coronavirus, becoming the first confirmed case in the kingdom, Health Minister Saad Jaber says.
He arrived on Feb. 15 from Italy.
A medical team is testing his family. If the results came back negative, they will remain in home isolation for two weeks, Jaber said.
The man’s friend, who was on the same trip to Italy, has tested negatively, however he will remain in quarantine for another week to be tested again, Jaber added.
The infected man was placed under quarantine in a hospital, he said.
In another development, the first novel coronavirus case was registered in the Italian capital of Rome on Monday, Ansa news agency reported.
According to the agency, a police officer has been tested positive at Lazzaro Spallanzani National Institute for Infectious Diseases.
Regional health councilor Alessio D’Amato said that the policeman’s contacts and movements have been reconstructed, connecting his case to the Lombardy region, where the majority of Italy’s COVID-19 cases are located.
“The epidemiological link with the Lombardy region has been confirmed,” D’Amato said.
Currently, more than 1,500 cases of the coronavirus disease have been registered in Italy, with the death toll exceeding 30.
Similarly, Andorra has registered the first case of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), its government said on Monday.
“The Health Ministry activates protocols due to a positive coronavirus case.
“The health authorities confirm that the test results of the 20-year-old patient … have been positive,” the government tweeted.
According to the Catalan El Periodico newspaper, the infected person, hospitalised on Saturday, earlier visited northern Italy, where the highest number of coronavirus disease cases in Europe has been registered.
Another two people from the same flight that the infected individual took have been put under observation.
COVID-19 was first detected in China in late December 2019 and has since spread to more than 50 countries, prompting the World Health Organisation to declare a global health emergency.
So far, the virus has infected more than 89,000 people worldwide, with more than 3,000 people having died and over 45,000 recovered.
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered
Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Mr. Pius Akutah, has allegedly misappropriated public funds for a lavish lifestyle.
According to our findings, within months of assuming office, Akutah allegedly purchased a bulletproof SUV valued at approximately N850 million. In addition, he is reported to have acquired over twenty exotic SUVs for use as a convoy.
Akutah is also said to have acquired multiple high-value properties, including three in Abuja’s Maitama and Asokoro districts worth over N2 billion, and two in Lagos’ Banana Island valued at N1.8 billion. These acquisitions appear far beyond the scope of his official salary and allowances.
Further investigation suggests that Akutah may be using public funds to support political ambitions, including allegedly grooming militants across 23 local government areas in Benue State for a potential 2027 gubernatorial bid.
Staff of the Shippers Council reportedly claim that Akutah frequently accesses the council’s treasury without proper authorization. Some insiders have indicated that a petition will soon be filed with the EFCC, ICPC, and the Presidency to report his alleged misconduct.
*
News
Special Birthday Wishes to Zege Mule U Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa
I am writing to felicitate with Your Excellency, Atku Abubakar, GCON, former Vice-President of Nigeria (Zege Mule u Tiv & Wazirin Adamawa)
on the occasion of your 79th birthday anniversary.
I join your teeming admirers globally in celebrating you on this special day, an adorable Statesman and my Boss.
I recall with nostalgia, how countless generations have benefited from your generosity, wealth of experience and benevolence including being my key benefactor even as a young lawyer for my professional success.
Your Excellency, may your special day be filled with grandeur befitting your illustrious career.
I wish you continued success, prosperity, and an unending stream of accolades.
It takes a remarkable kind of fortitude to remain active in public life well into one’s golden years. Your dedication and patriotism remain truly exceptional.
May you enjoy a day of reflection on your many years of fruitful service to humanity. It is my prayer that God Almighty grants you many more healthy, fruitful, and fulfilling years ahead, and continues to endow you with wisdom, strength, and the grace to keep contributing to our nation-building.
Happy Birthday, Your Excellency.
Michael Kaase Aondoakaa SAN.
Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
-
Uncategorized5 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines10 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News11 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology4 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
