Connect with us

Uncategorized

List of Government Officials, Agencies Linked to Controversial Presidential Agency

Published

on

By: Fabian Apechihin

Fresh details have emerged regarding the alleged fraud involving the disowned Director-General of the controversial Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC), Adeniyi Adeyemi, revealing how the disputed agency allegedly gained access to key institutions within Nigeria’s public service.

Documents reviewed in connection with the case suggest that several government officials and agencies allegedly processed requests that enabled Adeyemi to obtain a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) account, a budget code, office accommodation at the Federal Secretariat, deployment of civil servants, and other privileges typically reserved for legally established government agencies.

Although these documents were listed as exhibits in the Federal Government’s case against Adeyemi, a police investigation report reportedly indicated that officials who approved, processed, or signed the documents were not questioned during the investigation.

The revelations have raised concerns about the level of due diligence exercised by senior public officials in handling requests submitted on behalf of the disputed agency.

According to Premium Times, the authenticity of the documents could not be independently verified. However, the newspaper noted that questioning the officials involved would be crucial in determining whether the documents were genuine or forged, as well as the circumstances surrounding their issuance.

Former Director-General of the Bureau of Public Service Reforms, Joe Abah, said the controversy had exposed significant weaknesses in government procedures.

“Anyhow you look at it, questions are begging for answers. And whatever the answers will be, they will not be good,” Abah said.

According to Premium Times, the following government institutions and officials have been linked to the PFIPC controversy.

The Presidency

Documents reviewed by Premium Times indicate that the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), the Office of the Chief of Staff to the President, the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Nigeria Police Force became aware of the alleged fraud involving Adeyemi in November 2025.

In October 2025, Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, reportedly wrote to the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS), requesting an investigation into Adeyemi over alleged forgery.

On October 27, 2025, Gbajabiamila also wrote to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, distancing both the Presidency and the Federal Government from Adeyemi and the PFIPC after the ministry sought clarification.

Again, on November 5, 2025, the Chief of Staff formally informed the Secretary to the Government of the Federation that neither the agency nor Adeyemi had been created or appointed by the Presidency.

However, despite these internal communications, no public disclaimer was issued until June 2026—more than six months later. The delay has prompted questions about why the government did not publicly warn Nigerians earlier, allowing Adeyemi to allegedly continue presenting himself as the head of a presidential agency.

Femi Gbajabiamila – Chief of Staff to the President

Adeyemi allegedly claimed that his appointment letter as Director-General of the PFIPC was issued by Femi Gbajabiamila.

Police investigators have described the appointment letter as forged, while Gbajabiamila has denied issuing it.

The Chief of Staff was also the first senior government official to formally disown Adeyemi and petition security agencies to investigate the alleged forgery.

Nnamdi Mbaeri – Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation

According to documents obtained by Premium Times, Nnamdi Mbaeri, who was then the Permanent Secretary, General Services Office at the OSGF, signed a letter dated November 21, 2024, requesting office accommodation for the PFIPC from recovered federal government properties managed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Mbaeri retired in July 2025 and was succeeded by Mohammed Danjuma.

The report noted that investigators may need to determine whether Mbaeri indeed signed the document, whether adequate verification of the agency’s legal status was carried out before processing the request, and the basis upon which the office accommodation was approved.

Officials of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF)

According to the report, officials of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation processed several requests that allegedly enabled the PFIPC to operate like a recognised government agency.

One official, identified as Abdullahi, reportedly responded to correspondence confirming that domiciliary accounts had been created for the PFIPC at the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The report raises questions about the verification process used before approving the accounts and whether the agency satisfied the legal requirements for opening official CBN accounts.

Mulikat Sanni – Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation

As Director of Treasury Inspectorate, Mulikat Sanni signed a letter dated March 26, 2025, granting the PFIPC provisional self-accounting status for six months.

Part of the letter stated:

“I am directed to refer to your letter… and to convey the approval of the Accountant-General of the Federation to grant you a six-month provisional self-accounting status.”

According to Premium Times, one of the requirements for granting self-accounting status is a physical verification exercise by the Treasury Inspectorate Department.

The report questioned who conducted the verification, what their findings were, and whether investigators obtained the relevant reports during the police investigation.

Sanni was later transferred to the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment in May 2025.

Dauda Abdulhamid – Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation

On August 28, 2025, Dauda Abdulhamid, Director of Administration at the OAGF, reportedly approved the posting of more than 300 treasury officers to various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), including three officers assigned to the PFIPC.

The approval letter stated that the postings were intended to improve service delivery across government institutions.

Nigeria Police Force and the Judiciary

The handling of the criminal case has also attracted scrutiny.

According to documents cited by Premium Times, police investigations commenced on October 23, 2025, and were concluded by November 13, 2025.

Although charges were reportedly filed on November 27, 2025, the first court hearing was scheduled for July 27, 2026—about eight months later.

The report noted that while law enforcement agencies often fast-track criminal prosecutions, the pace of this particular case has raised questions about the reasons for the delay.

Kashifu Inuwa – Director-General, NITDA

The PFIPC also operated the website pfipc.gov.ng, a government domain reportedly approved through the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).

WHOIS records reviewed by Premium Times showed that the domain was created on September 30, 2024, by NITDA web administrators. The website has since gone offline following the controversy.

The .gov.ng domain is reserved exclusively for verified Nigerian government institutions and is managed by the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA) under NITDA’s regulatory oversight.

NITDA states that government domain applications must be submitted through the agency or via NiRA using an accredited registrar.

The report said questions remain over how the PFIPC obtained approval for the domain and what verification procedures were followed before the registration was granted.

This version improves readability, removes repetition, tightens the language, and presents the allegations in a balanced manner while preserving the key facts reported by Premium Times.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Lawyer Demands Release of Detained Kano Blogger, Maryam Shehu

Published

on

By Hassan Agboola

A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza Nuhu Dantani, has called for the immediate release of Kano-based blogger, Maryam Shehu, who he said has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for almost 30 days.

Dantani, in a statement on Monday, said the prolonged detention of Shehu was becoming difficult to reconcile with the rule of law and provisions of the 1999 Constitution, particularly her fundamental right to personal liberty.
He questioned why Shehu should remain in detention for nearly 30 days, particularly over an offence he described as ordinarily bailable.

“How on earth can a person be detained for almost 30 days and counting, particularly in relation to an offence that is ordinarily bailable, without meaningful consideration of her liberty and constitutional rights?” he asked.
Dantani said the EFCC’s powers to investigate did not give the commission the right to detain a suspect indefinitely, punish her before trial or disregard her fundamental rights.

He also criticised the alleged practice of photographing persons in EFCC custody and publishing their images online while they remain presumed innocent.
Citing Section 36(5) of the Constitution, Dantani said the law guarantees the presumption of innocence until a suspect is proven guilty by a competent court.

He warned that publicly portraying suspects as criminals before trial could amount to subjecting them to public punishment and humiliation.
“The EFCC is a law-enforcement institution. It must therefore be the first institution to demonstrate obedience to law. It cannot demand respect for law from citizens while appearing to disregard constitutional safeguards itself,” he said.

Dantani urged the commission to either charge Shehu before a competent court if it has credible evidence against her or release her immediately
.
“We call on EFCC to respect the Constitution, respect presumption of innocence and respect fundamental right to personal liberty. Investigation is not conviction. Detention is not punishment. And an allegation is not guilt,” he said.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment

Published

on

By Fabian Apechihin

Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt message to Lionel Messi following the death of his father, Jorge Messi, has reportedly become the most-liked comment in Instagram history.

Jorge Messi died on August 7 in Rosario, Argentina, aged 68. Five days later, Messi paid tribute to his late father in an emotional Instagram post featuring a photo of the pair.

In the post, Messi wrote, “Te amo, pa” — meaning “I love you, Dad” — alongside a lengthy tribute reflecting on his father’s influence and the pain of losing him.

Among the many reactions from fans, celebrities and fellow footballers was a message from Ronaldo.

“Un abrazo enorme para ti y los tuyos en estos duros momentos, Leo. Mucha fuerza,” Ronaldo wrote, which translates to: “A huge hug to you and yours in these tough times, Leo. Much strength.”

Ronaldo’s comment reportedly attracted more than 6.86 million likes and over 86,000 comments, making it the most-liked comment on Instagram.

The previous record was also held by Ronaldo, whose comment on Kylian Mbappé’s announcement of his move to Real Madrid reportedly received more than five million likes.

Other football stars also expressed their condolences to Messi. Neymar Jr.’s message, translated as “Much strength for you and your family. Big hug,” reportedly received more than 1.6 million likes, while David Beckham’s comment expressing support for Messi and his family attracted more than 300,000 likes.

In his tribute, Messi described his father’s death as difficult to comprehend, saying he struggled to accept that he would no longer see or speak with him.

Messi also recalled how his father had encouraged him to play at the 2026 World Cup despite his deteriorating health. He said his father had hoped to watch him compete and had planned to travel if his condition improved.

According to Messi, he had promised his father that Argentina would reach the final so he could be there. Although Argentina reached the final, his father was unable to attend.

Reflecting on the loss, Messi said he had wanted to win the tournament and bring the trophy to his father but ultimately struggled physically during the competition.

The emotional tribute highlighted the close bond between Messi and his father and the profound impact of his loss on the football superstar.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Why Did Senate President, Edo Governor Come to Osun to Monitor Election? – Analyst

Published

on

By Fabian Apechihin

Aliu Mohammed, Chief Executive Officer of Magnate Communication and Public Affairs Analyst, has questioned the decision of Senate President Godswill Akpabio and Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo to travel to Osun State to monitor the governorship election.

Mohammed raised the question while discussing political developments surrounding the election during an interview with Vanguard News TV on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.

The public affairs analyst wondered why senior political figures, including the Senate President and a governor from another state, would personally travel to Osun to monitor the election when the All Progressives Congress (APC) already had party officials on the ground to represent its interests.

“Why would people at the level of Senate President, the Governor of Edo State, come to Osun State to monitor an election when you have your party officials there?” Mohammed asked.

His comments came amid discussions about the involvement of senior APC figures in the Osun governorship election. Their presence in the state attracted attention as political parties and their supporters monitored the voting process and awaited the outcome.

Mohammed questioned the necessity of having the Senate President and the Edo State Governor physically present in Osun to observe the electoral process.

He argued that party officials ordinarily have the responsibility of monitoring elections and representing their parties at polling locations and other relevant stages of the process.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.