Uncategorized
Sagbama/Ekeremor Political Leaders Buy, Present Senatorial Nomination form To Senator Dickson

•••Niger Delta Needs Experienced, Capable Representation As Nigeria Prepares for Critical Transition – Dickson
Political Stakeholders from Sagbama and Ekeremor Local Government Areas constituting the Bayelsa West Senatorial District have bought the Senatorial form for Senator Henry Seriake District.
This was in fulfillment of the promise the two local governments constituting the senatorial district made last week to ensure the return of Senator Dickson because of his sterling performance as a Senator in just two years.
The top political leaders from the Senatorial District took turns to speak on the need for Senator Dickson to continue with his vibrant representation at the upper chamber.
The Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Michael Ogbere, said after buying the form that Senator Dickson did exceptionally well as Governor for two years and did a lot of life touching projects in the area.

He said that the Ekeremor people are impressed by his overwhelming performance and unparalleled energy on issues of concern in the district, Bayelsa, the Ijaw Nation and even the Niger Delta.
He called on the Senator to contest the 2023 election on the strength of his impressive credentials which has made Bayelsa West, the surest senatorial seat for the People’s Democratic Party in the state.
He dismissed the issue of purported zoning of the National Assembly positions in the area as shown by the fact that previous Senators from Ekeremor recontested for the third time and a former Deputy Governor from the area, Peremobowei Ebebi, contested and pursued the case on the electoral dispute to the Supreme Court where he lost.

Also a former Speaker of the old Rivers State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Tuesday Kemeagbegh who chronicled the exploits of Senator Dickson, including the Sagbama Ekeremor Road and many others noted that it would be unfair and a monumental disservice for Bayelsa West to tell him to leave after doing just two years in the National Assembly.
He challenged those who are opposed to Senator Dickson to contest by campaigning with their contributions to the development of the people of the District.
He stressed that the Ijaw people are in dire need of efficient, skilled and credible brand of vibrant representation which Senator Dickson provides effortlessly.
He said to lose that advantage cannot be an option.
Speaking also, a former Permanent Secretary, Head of Service who is the Chairman of the Bayelsa Civil Service Commission, Peter Singabele, said that Dickson has impacted so much in diverse ways too numerous to mention on the lives of the people of the area and must continue with his brand of productive leadership at the Senate.
Senator Dickson who received and accepted the senatorial nomination form from the PDP leaders thanked them for what he described as their humbling support, encouragement and unflinching commitment to the promotion of the interest of the District.
He said that Bayelsa West, Bayelsa State, the Ijaw Nation and the Niger Delta were in dire need of skilled, experienced and effective representation as the nation moves towards a critical period of transition.

He stressed that the country was at a difficult period with a lot of problems and expectations which makes it mandatory for people of experience to be at the Centre to provide the needed support to the state government and the requisite guidance back home.
“This is going to be a very trying period, a transition unlike any other before now. And at this very difficult period, when our country is pregnant; pregnant with problems, pregnant with expectations, I agree that we need steady hands at the Centre to continue to guide and to support and to make the case that we have to make for our people.
“For some time, a number of you have been discussing with me on the need for continued experience and deployment of our national image and network at this particular time in the service of our people. And you have all given your various reasons as to why we should be in the ballot one more time again.
“And today after examining the various reasons and the need for steady experienced hands at the National Assembly and in the Senate in particular for Bayelsa West, for Bayelsa State and for the Ijaw nation, working with other friends and allies in the service of our people in Niger Delta and Nigeria, and after listening to all the arguments and the cases that have been made, I am humbled to accept this to run, to continue to provide support.
“I do so appreciating the need to be there to guide and to support the government of our people back home. The need to be a rallying point, the need to mobilize and galvanize support for our party, the need to be involved as this country moves towards a very momentum election and transition.
“This is going to be a very trying period, a transition unlike any other before now. And at this very difficult period, when our country is pregnant, pregnant with problems, pregnant with expectations, I agree that we need steady hands at the Centre to continue to guide and to support and to make the case for what we have to do for our people.
Senator Dickson said that Bayelsa West is the safest senatorial seat in the entire country as the PDP leaders are in firm control of the grassroots.
He urged the stakeholders and leaders to widen the scope of consultations to include the few who have not queued behind his candidacy.
Dickson who called for tolerance, stressed that while disagreement in politics is normal, his brand of politics is totally devoid of violence, a culture which his teeming followers should embrace at all times.
Present at the event were, Rt Hon Michael Ogbere (Deputy Speaker Bayelsa State House of Assembly), Mr. Fyneman Wilson, ) Chairman PDP Caucus, Sagbama,) Chief Perekeme Bertola( Chair Ekeremor LGA), Hon Embeleakpo Alele ( Chairman LGA), Chief Victor Okubonanabo ( Executive Secretary Subeb), Tuesday Kemegbeye (former Speaker Old Rivers state) Dr Singabele Peter(Chairman Civil service Commission, Chef Suru Oyarede (Formal Permanent Secretary, Hon Godbless Oyinke, Hon Tolu Amatu, Esq Bourdilion Ogugubeni, Ekeremor Senatorial Coordinator), Hon Dick Bekekeme, and Hon Mark Ayoro.
Others are Sinkumo Ekisah, (Commissioner for Special Duties), Chief Lucky Asanakpo, Bayelsa Volunteers, Comrade Stephen Okeima, Chief Ben Eyororokumoh, Elder simeon Epebifiye, Barr Billy Tobiyei, Hon Randy Awolowo, Barr Alex Tesufa Dombo, art Hon Didi Enginekeme, Barr Swipe Odudu, Hon Bekes Etifa, Hon Biu Chursor Obosi , Ebilade Erekefe ( IYC spokesman Miller Ebiowei,Hon Richman Samuel Edekwe, Hon David K Nanakumo and others.
Uncategorized
Kwara: Ifelodun Travellers Transport System Revived
- As Council Signs MoU With P&A Contract Ltd
Stephen Olufemi Oni, Ilorin
The Ifelodun local Government, under the leadership of Hadji Abdulrasheed Femi Yusuf, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with P & A Contract Limited for the construction of a modern motor park in Amoyo, as the Council moves to revive the Ifelodun Travellers transport system and improve transportation within the Local Government.
Speaking during the MoU signing ceremony at the Council s Contact Office in Amoyo, the Chairman explained that the decision to construct the motor park was driven by the need for Ifelodun Local Government to establish its own transport identity, intended to ease people’s transportation problem.
He recalled that residents travelling to and from Ifelodun had, over the years, relied on transport facilities at Offa Garage and Maraba in Ilorin, stressing the need to create a dedicated transport hub that would serve the people of the Local Government.
“At some point in the history of Ifelodun Local Government, we had Ifelodun Travellers, which does not exist anymore. I don’t think there is anything wrong with bringing that identity back to the limelight. Now, we want to add value to that identity,” the Chairman said.
He added that the Council was also working with relevant stakeholders to bring in 10 units of Korope buses, which would commence operations as soon as possible.
“We are working with the NURTW, Kwara State Chapter, for guidance and to ensure that the operation runs smoothly,” he added.
The Supervisory Councillor for Works and Infrastructure Development, Mrs. Kolo Rebecca, explained that the proposed park would feature several amenities, including a garage, warehouse, 100-unit shopping complex, parking spaces and general toilets.
She said the facilities were designed to boost economic activities, improve the image of the Local Government and provide a more convenient transportation system for residents.
According to her, the initiative is also in line with the efforts of the Kwara State Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, to take governance and development directly to the grassroots.
The contractor, Mallam Jimoh Toheeb Abolore, assured the Local Government of the prompt execution of the project, promising that the construction would meet the required standards and contribute positively to the image and development of Ifelodun Local Government.
Those in attendance included the Vice Chairman, Hon. Nike Ajibola; Secretary to the Local Government, Dr. Kamil Akorede; DPM, Mallam Ayinde Salman; LGT, Mallam Usman Waheed; Chief of Staff to the Chairman, Chief Ademola Zubair; Head of Works, Engr. Awodi Muhammad; Land officer, Tola Kadir and other Special Assistants.
Uncategorized
Lawyer Demands Release of Detained Kano Blogger, Maryam Shehu
By Hassan Agboola
A lawyer and human rights activist, Hamza Nuhu Dantani, has called for the immediate release of Kano-based blogger, Maryam Shehu, who he said has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for almost 30 days.
Dantani, in a statement on Monday, said the prolonged detention of Shehu was becoming difficult to reconcile with the rule of law and provisions of the 1999 Constitution, particularly her fundamental right to personal liberty.
He questioned why Shehu should remain in detention for nearly 30 days, particularly over an offence he described as ordinarily bailable.
“How on earth can a person be detained for almost 30 days and counting, particularly in relation to an offence that is ordinarily bailable, without meaningful consideration of her liberty and constitutional rights?” he asked.
Dantani said the EFCC’s powers to investigate did not give the commission the right to detain a suspect indefinitely, punish her before trial or disregard her fundamental rights.
He also criticised the alleged practice of photographing persons in EFCC custody and publishing their images online while they remain presumed innocent.
Citing Section 36(5) of the Constitution, Dantani said the law guarantees the presumption of innocence until a suspect is proven guilty by a competent court.
He warned that publicly portraying suspects as criminals before trial could amount to subjecting them to public punishment and humiliation.
“The EFCC is a law-enforcement institution. It must therefore be the first institution to demonstrate obedience to law. It cannot demand respect for law from citizens while appearing to disregard constitutional safeguards itself,” he said.
Dantani urged the commission to either charge Shehu before a competent court if it has credible evidence against her or release her immediately
.
“We call on EFCC to respect the Constitution, respect presumption of innocence and respect fundamental right to personal liberty. Investigation is not conviction. Detention is not punishment. And an allegation is not guilt,” he said.
Uncategorized
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment
By Fabian Apechihin
Cristiano Ronaldo’s heartfelt message to Lionel Messi following the death of his father, Jorge Messi, has reportedly become the most-liked comment in Instagram history.
Jorge Messi died on August 7 in Rosario, Argentina, aged 68. Five days later, Messi paid tribute to his late father in an emotional Instagram post featuring a photo of the pair.
In the post, Messi wrote, “Te amo, pa” — meaning “I love you, Dad” — alongside a lengthy tribute reflecting on his father’s influence and the pain of losing him.
Among the many reactions from fans, celebrities and fellow footballers was a message from Ronaldo.
“Un abrazo enorme para ti y los tuyos en estos duros momentos, Leo. Mucha fuerza,” Ronaldo wrote, which translates to: “A huge hug to you and yours in these tough times, Leo. Much strength.”
Ronaldo’s comment reportedly attracted more than 6.86 million likes and over 86,000 comments, making it the most-liked comment on Instagram.
The previous record was also held by Ronaldo, whose comment on Kylian Mbappé’s announcement of his move to Real Madrid reportedly received more than five million likes.
Other football stars also expressed their condolences to Messi. Neymar Jr.’s message, translated as “Much strength for you and your family. Big hug,” reportedly received more than 1.6 million likes, while David Beckham’s comment expressing support for Messi and his family attracted more than 300,000 likes.
In his tribute, Messi described his father’s death as difficult to comprehend, saying he struggled to accept that he would no longer see or speak with him.
Messi also recalled how his father had encouraged him to play at the 2026 World Cup despite his deteriorating health. He said his father had hoped to watch him compete and had planned to travel if his condition improved.
According to Messi, he had promised his father that Argentina would reach the final so he could be there. Although Argentina reached the final, his father was unable to attend.
Reflecting on the loss, Messi said he had wanted to win the tournament and bring the trophy to his father but ultimately struggled physically during the competition.
The emotional tribute highlighted the close bond between Messi and his father and the profound impact of his loss on the football superstar.
-
Uncategorized6 years agoFG, states urged to harness flooding for ranching, others with technology – Agbaje
-
Headlines11 years agoBreaking: EFCC seals Borno House of Assembly, as Hon members take to their heels
-
News12 years agoNigeria Security Operatives Stage Manhunt For Homosexual Perpetrator
-
News9 years agoHow 21-year-old Girl fled community over accusation of lesbianism
-
News10 years agoYobe Gov Moves Against Deputy
-
Opinion7 years ago7 signs she has friend zoned you
-
Technology5 years ago
Online job placement company headhunts women
-
Headlines10 years agoBorno Dep Gov Abducts Another Church Leader
